Active Topics

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Wild speculation: Combining this info with the latest rumor that the N9 won't ship with Harmattan (but with a later MeeGo release based on MeeGo Core), this could mean that we could dual-boot Fremantle and Harmattan on the N900.

Posts: 333 | Thanked: 153 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ blah blah
these talks starts to look like 4chan

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by NokTokDaddy View Post
Nokia need to be careful here; there are certain tech journos and bloggers who will 'review' Meego on N900 as if it were the finished article.... Remember Eldar Murtazin's damning preview of the N8?
That makes a change from the glowing, gushing previews that most fanbois write and any issues are glossed over by saying "I'm sure Nokia will have this fixed on the production devices" - invariably these issues are not fixed by the time of release.

Last edited by kureyon; 2010-10-14 at 18:24.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by thp View Post
... the latest rumor that the N9 won't ship with Harmattan (but with a later MeeGo release based on MeeGo Core)...
oh? i must have missed that one. who told you? i sure think it would be worth a thread of its own.

Posts: 333 | Thanked: 153 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ blah blah
don't miss this one
(The Register's article on Nokia with insides, Finnland links, comments and NITs as the good things)

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
oh? i must have missed that one. who told you? i sure think it would be worth a thread of its own.
See the comments from here. Feel free to start a new thread

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colchester, UK
am going mental now dual boot with meego n maemo 1.3 damn what can u expect. i have forgot about the short battery life already.

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colchester, UK
Originally Posted by Jagat4webber View Post
am going mental now dual boot with meego n maemo 1.3 damn what can u expect. i have forgot about the short battery life already.

plz add "more" in front of "...can you..."

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by thp View Post
Wild speculation: Combining this info with the latest rumor that the N9 won't ship with Harmattan (but with a later MeeGo release based on MeeGo Core), this could mean that we could dual-boot Fremantle and Harmattan on the N900.
OYE stop your petty flamewars and listen to this guy. Anyone care to explain what he might be talking about?

I'm surprised of PR1.3, but I'm not particulalrly excited. My bet is that its going to be small maintenance and the ability to dual-boot. As I think that the N900 functions OK and don't want to dual-boot, I find that for most of us non-techy N900 mongers its not going to be a big deal.

Please read my blog: "PeakMobility", which deals with MeeGo/Maemo, Windows Phone and mobile technology in general from a hedonistic user point-of-view: http://peakmob.blogspot.com/

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ BANGALORE
Hope PR1.3 brings 3G video calling and Flash 10 to N900

Tags
bestthreadever, meego, o6eew, open mobile ftw, pr1.3, stop talking, wegoo meego