Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by vicvanceind View Post
What if I go 1000kms away from my router?
Because when we say its a laptop(oh ya much more than that) ,then we should be able to do everything like a laptop,after all we are paying that much too.
Do you mean that your laptop can connect to your router when the laptop and the router have 1000kms between them? Tell how you do it, and then I will understand the concept and tell whether N900 can do it. N900 can do most things laptop can do, but I don't understand how laptop can connect when 1000kms away from its router.

Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
Do you mean that your laptop can connect to your router when the laptop and the router have 1000kms between them? Tell how you do it, and then I will understand the concept and tell whether N900 can do it. N900 can do most things laptop can do, but I don't understand how laptop can connect when 1000kms away from its router.
If I configured my laptop internal router with my pc internet then I don't need router,I can surf internet anywhere in the country where my ISP has its network,I wanna know,is it possible with N900?
This is deciding factor for me thats why I am asking,I hope I am not troubling you.

Thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to vicvanceind For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by vicvanceind View Post
If I configured my laptop internal router with my pc internet then I don't need router,I can surf internet anywhere in the country where my ISP has its network,I wanna know,is it possible with N900?
This is deciding factor for me thats why I am asking,I hope I am not troubling you.

Thank you.
Sorry for my ignorance. Do you mean that ISP has WiFi routers all over the country so that you could connect to them and get Internet anywhere as long as you have proper router settings? If so, I'm sure N900 should be able to do it. Maemo is a full-featured Linux. If you say what router settings it's necessary to change, I would look around how to change them in N900.

This post might be outdated but I have nowhere else to turn. I'm trying to flash a N810, but neither win7 nor XP SP3 will recognize it in update mode. It connects fine in normal mode. Has anyone had this problem? What can I do?

Posts: 88 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by orion88freedom View Post
Hey guys,

Got a question. Couldn't really see any other threads where I can post this question.

My 2g or GSM is not working anymore. I get no reception. I only get reception on 3g now. I am on the 3 network in London.

Anyone got any ideas why this is so?
Guys, are any one of you geniuses able to shine some light on the above predicament that I face?

I'd really love to go back to using 2G to gain that little bit extra battery. I'm still not comfortable using the Swappaloube b'coz I still don't understand how that works - although it's supposed to help with battery life.

Guys, are any one of you geniuses able to shine some light on the above predicament that I face?

I'd really love to go back to using 2G to gain that little bit extra battery. I'm still not comfortable using the Swappaloube b'coz I still don't understand how that works - although it's supposed to help with battery life.
Might it help?
3G/2G/Dual Mode Selection Applet
http://maemo.org/packages/view/3g2g-...ection-applet/

I don't use Swappaloube, too.

Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
Might it help?
3G/2G/Dual Mode Selection Applet
http://maemo.org/packages/view/3g2g-...ection-applet/

I don't use Swappaloube, too.
Yeah I am using that mate, still does not work. Any other suggestions?

The Following User Says Thank You to orion88freedom For This Useful Post:
Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England

Your problem is that you are using 3. They have turned off access to 2G where they have good 3G coverage. That is because the are a 3G only network and they only provide 2G through a roaming deal with one of the other providers to fill the gaps in their own coverage, so if you are using 2G where they have 3G you are needlessly costing them money.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to retsaw For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by retsaw View Post
Your problem is that you are using 3. They have turned off access to 2G where they have good 3G coverage. That is because the are a 3G only network and they only provide 2G through a roaming deal with one of the other providers to fill the gaps in their own coverage, so if you are using 2G where they have 3G you are needlessly costing them money.
Cheers mate...you clarified it....it makes sense as well

but it's a shame coz I was getting very good battery life using just 2G for the calls n txts and wifi for my internet....aww shucks.....i may just have to switch network next Feb (2012) or just bear it.....

But thanks a bunch buddy.

The Following User Says Thank You to orion88freedom For This Useful Post:
Posts: 291 | Thanked: 398 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ USA
Any N900 user here in Vietnam?, is N900 capable of 3G in Vietnam, if it does, which carrier is selling prepaid simcard with 3g capability.

The Following User Says Thank You to khuong For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
help i'm stuck, help wanted