Posts: 130 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Canada
Originally Posted by joepagiii View Post
i installed easyroot......did the rootme trick...mentioned elsewhere...no issues...
I installed the old becomeroot and "sudo gainroot" worked like normal...

Posts: 166 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Hampshire, UK
Originally Posted by Matyas View Post
Well there is a way to fix your problem without reflashing

you should install becomeroot package (from this repository (Eko One))

1) open the terminal

2) login as root, then use these commands

3.1) apt-get update

3.2) apt-get -f install
you are suppose to respond yes to every question apt-get poses you.

Now you should able to install Rhapsody

Enjoy
Thanks that cured most of it but still wont instal and the last missing application is:

Has anyone manager to instal Rhapsody, I keep getting told applications are missing:

Application packages missing:
osso-ic (>1.0.0)

Actually I can't notice any improvement on the browser not even on Youtube

Posts: 357 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Sunny England :)
Originally Posted by Matyas View Post
I wonder how long will take to Arstechnica.com guys to notice the news about Diablo...
engadget has it - http://www.engadget.com/2008/06/24/n...for-n810-n800/

Posts: 228 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Ontario & Iceland
My flash went very well and a restore brought back nearly everything. Nice to see a better email app however I don't like that I can't turn off the checking like the other accounts. It goes to 100% CPU much too often with default settings against a large IMAP account so back to claws I go. Also the onboard XMPP is still a little flaky with random disconnects as before. The SIP phone still works as before although it would be nice to have an * key on the main dialing pad instead of just the DTMF. Would be really nice to have an option to ring the speaker instead of the headphone for inbound calls. Otherwise a nice upgrade.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by IcelandDreams View Post
Nice to see a better email app however I don't like that I can't turn off the checking like the other accounts.
Just disable it? It's right in the settings. . . .

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ eastern north carolina usa
to those people having problems heres a crazy idea...try rebooting...it might just fix some problems...

Great software, feels snappier, the browser is working way better and most of my former apps work just fine.

But ... anyone got usb host working? I tried USBcontrol and it just says "USB CONTROLLER MODE: a_wait_vrise" and nothing happens when I plug something in.

EDIT: Wait, cardreader works, I'll have to re-check my USB keyboard then. Sorry!

Last edited by borghal; 2008-06-24 at 21:09.

Posts: 228 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Ontario & Iceland
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Just disable it? It's right in the settings. . . .
Of course which then means I'm better off with claws anyway. I would have liked it integrated with the presence apps but it just doesn't play nicely. Not a big deal actually.

The funny or not so funny thing is that it went into a tizzy and even after a reboot it was bonkers and shifted the whole screen over making setting changes rather interesting. Disabled now and feeling much better..

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Italy
Have you used the restore function? It is often a cause of troubles...

It should not be so unreliable, many quirks are restore related...

Sorry...

P.S.
I'm not totally sure about the existence of that library in diablo (at least not with that very name, i just found something like ic2-osso-ic .... )

http://repository.maemo.org/pool/dia...2-osso-ic-dev/

Toutes les informations utiles (pages encore en anglais) : Présentez-vous à la communauté , L'essentiel pour bien commencer, Débuter sur Maemo 4 (N800 - N810), Le Wiki sur Maemo 5 (N900), La FAQ, Le sous-forum dédié aux communautés

En cas de souci, n'hésitez pas à me poser vos questions!

----------------

Benvenuto! Se hai bisogno di aiuto, sono a disposizione.
Ecco dove iniziare (in inglese):

Presentazioni dei nuovi iscritti,Primi passi per nuovi iscritti, Wiki per chi inizia con Maemo 4 (N800 - N810), Wiki per chi inizia con Maemo 5 (N900), FAQ, Subforum della Comunità

In caso di dubbi o domande non esitare: contattami!

Last edited by Matyas; 2008-06-24 at 21:20. Reason: added link