Notices

@Wichall: Can you try to repeat this? Make more alarms, do another backup/restore..?
I want to see if its a one-time (or dst) glitch, or an actual problem.

I will at some point Robbie, it was a restore to a different phone so my guess is the active alarms are stored somewhere outside of the opt and rootfs which is why they can turn the N900 on...

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
I had that too. Very odd, after a restore all my alarms were disabled, was late as well. I simply assumed I have defined the alarms, backed up, enabled and then restored. Makes little sense, all newly created alarms are enabled by default.

I only restored rootfs, though. Might have been a desync?

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

The Following User Says Thank You to ndi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by ndi View Post
I had that too. Very odd, after a restore all my alarms were disabled, was late as well. I simply assumed I have defined the alarms, backed up, enabled and then restored. Makes little sense, all newly created alarms are enabled by default.

I only restored rootfs, though. Might have been a desync?
Presumably the alarms need registering somehow, otherwise they wouldn't be able to fire when the phone is switched off. No idea how to retrigger this registration though

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
I know the wake function's handled by the onboard RTC(real time clock). I don't know anything about this chip, however. I'd assume that this should be set during boot... but it looks like it's not. I'll have to ask stskeeps.
In the meantime though, a fix is what... Just remember to enable all alarms after restore?

Hi Robbie,

Do you know if installing uboot (for dual-booting MeeGo) would break BackupMenu?

Ty

No clue - try it and let me know.

The Following User Says Thank You to RobbieThe1st For This Useful Post:
Posts: 370 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Italy
(perhaps stupid) observation about alarms 1h late... here we just moved 3 days ago from daylight saving time to standard time, could that be the deal?

Originally Posted by RobbieThe1st View Post
No clue - try it and let me know.
I don't think I want try MeeGo that much... =]

That may very well be - That's why I'm trying to have someone repeat the steps and see if it continues or was a one-time thing.

Tags
backup, backupmenu, cssusupplement, max(useful), rescue-console, restore, system