Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 234 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Genova (Italy)
Originally Posted by augustthe View Post
i got a problem the value is not saving i try to save proximity timeout and vibrate on is not saving i try rebooting the same thing anybody have this problem
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=159

Posts: 143 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ France, St Martin
THANKS it works perfectly

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Hi, I just noticed something - my MohammadAG folder was given to root instead of user at some point early on (I have h-e-n installed, so maybe that's why?), so at first the settings just wouldn't be saved. The moment I changed the owner and group to user(s) though, everything worked.

Request, though: a settings option of "Disable", so that we can completely turn off the media bar without having to uninstall it - if you know you only like using it in certain situations, but don't want it triggering during other ones... If nothing else it should be decently easy to implement and gives the users more options, and more options for users typically = good.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Is there anyway to stop MediaBar coming up when a phone call is happening?

Whenever I answer my phone I can't see the top bar at all if I look at the screen because MediaBar is in the way, I have to hold my finger over the sensor, then let go and then check the time or switch applications.

Maybe a way to detect if a phone call is happen and then stop it monitoring the proximity sensor until the phone call has ended?

Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
Is there anyway to stop MediaBar coming up when a phone call is happening?

Whenever I answer my phone I can't see the top bar at all if I look at the screen because MediaBar is in the way, I have to hold my finger over the sensor, then let go and then check the time or switch applications.

Maybe a way to detect if a phone call is happen and then stop it monitoring the proximity sensor until the phone call has ended?
Have you tried setting a time delay sufficently long enough in order that it does not appear until after the call has been answered?

Originally Posted by droitwichgas View Post
Have you tried setting a time delay sufficently long enough in order that it does not appear until after the call has been answered?
The problem isnt when answering the call. It is during the call. I hold the phone to my ear meaning the proximity sensor turns off the screen but at the same time it opens mediabar :/

If during the call I want to check the time or a text message, the MediaBar is in my way and I have to hold my finger over the proximity sensor for 'x' amount of time to remove it.

Just a slight bug in the app.

Stange Issue with Media Bar on my Device....it stops working after some time (usually after a reboot or some app upgrade/installations) and then starts working at other times. I dunno why it happens??..but even reboots does not seem to solve the issue...is there a way to manually start the MediaBar??? (detailed instruction please...am a Linux noob here..)

Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
Originally Posted by n900ak View Post
Stange Issue with Media Bar on my Device....it stops working after some time (usually after a reboot or some app upgrade/installations) and then starts working at other times. I dunno why it happens??..but even reboots does not seem to solve the issue...is there a way to manually start the MediaBar??? (detailed instruction please...am a Linux noob here..)
In my case is the same. Stop working and if not restart becomes available.

Originally Posted by n900ak View Post
Do a reinstall or just remove the app like me as it seems a bit unstable and I have had occassions where it seems to have tip the balance with the CPU causing an overload/freeze.

I think it was a good idea but doesn't actually work in practise in my persoanl view and with 9 desks top available just as easy to use shortcuts anyway.

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Finland
This is very nice ! I have a 5800XM still in use and this is just another spice for n900 Thanks !

Tags
da man, mag-esque, mediabar, mohammadag, wikid