Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by vitaminj View Post
Handtec are getting more 64gbs in - so people sending them back should get replacements if they want them
And only 24 hours after they sorrowfully told me that it was going to be weeks, if at all.

Posts: 303 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London UK
I spoke to handtec this afternoon and they told me that it would be end of december! WTF?! never mind

Anyway, back to the bricking problem

Code:
perl -e 'print 1234'
This command should not segfault 1/5 times

The stability problems are back with a vengeance on PR1.1. apps failing and reboots coming back. Today in the middle of a call, the phone turned the "speaker phone" on randomly and I was unable to turn it off.. at the end of the call I couldn't hang up either..

There is something seriously wrong here.. Still no conclusive proof it is a hardware error, but PR1.1 certainly hasn't fixed it..

I've also found when developer mode is enable the phone is infinitely less reliable.. the web browser rarely starts, neither does maps.. and contacts only stays open for a few seconds at a time

With regards to the bricking problem. it seems that the script that modified /etc/network/interfaces is a perl script.. and perl has a tendency to bomb, usually complaining of memory problems. It is possible that caused the install of the package to fail.. it is also possible that the kernel prevented the script from writing new contents into the replacement file.. and this lead to it replacing the current file with an empty one.. It's very hard to tell, since the phone probably rebooted not long afterwards.

My package database is corrupted now because dpkg segfaulted during the re-install of klogd.. I can't reflash and I can barely use it.. the thing has to go back..

/defeated..

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cpitchford For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by strongm View Post
The Swedes seem less efficient. My Tuesday order (after getting Handtec refund) from ClickOk.se has been acknowledged, but not shipped as yet (as far as I can tell)
And they still don't seem to have shipped, and appear to be ignoring my emails ...

An answer at last! They shipped 9th Novemebr, but since it is international I should expect delivery beginning of next week rather than today. I'm almost excited again since, when it was working, my Handtec-sourced N9 was a lovely device.

The Following User Says Thank You to strongm For This Useful Post:
Just off the phone to Handtec and they said that all next day deliveries of the new batch will be going out today and should be received tomorrow, can't want to receive my N9!

Originally Posted by rajveer View Post
Just off the phone to Handtec and they said that all next day deliveries of the new batch will be going out today and should be received tomorrow, can't want to receive my N9!
I'm hoping mine will arrive from them tomorrow as well. Hopefully these will all be a new batch and won't have any of the unfortunate problems that the previous lot seemed to have. Fingers crossed!

Just out of interest in the UK, which couriers do handtec use for next day or 2-3 day shipping?

Thanks

hoggerz

Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by hoggerz View Post
Just out of interest in the UK, which couriers do handtec use for next day or 2-3 day shipping?
My next day was with DPD.

In other news, my defective N9 should arrive back with them tomorrow, so I should get a replacement from the new batch this week. Fingers crossed.

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ London, UK
Anyone receive their replacement N9 today?

My first N9 arrived next day via DPD but replacement looks to be taking 48 hours.
Tracking shows it was collected from Handtec at 7pm yesterday and arrived at their "Sortation Facility" in Birgminghman 7pm today. Fingers crossed it makes it to London tomorrow.

Coincidently my N900's USB port detached yesterday, just 1 week before 2 year warranty expires, collected by UPS today.

I spoke to DPD during the day and they said that my phone was still in their sorting depot in Birmingham today as a trailer broke down, so it will be coming tomorrow, must be the same for everybody else too (I too am from London so they'll be sharing the journey together ).

The Following User Says Thank You to rajveer For This Useful Post: