Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
I seem to recall that in a 'developer mode' you can change the screen timeout.

I may be wrong about this.

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Georgia
Hello all!

Quick question?

OfficeSuite pro or Documents to go?

I can't decide? OfficeSuite is a little cheaper.

I did try Documents to go on my N900 and it sucked......and was lacking so many features!
Why don't you try think free office. It is free.
I tried it.
I guess i'll try and make it work, since its free.

Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
Thanks. Doesn't quite fix the issue I have. I don't mind the screen switching off and I even set it to switch off quite early to save battery. What I have an issue with is the device locking when the screen switches off. This has a two fold annoying effect.

1. I need to find the small lock button to unlock rather than just tapping anywhere on the 7 inch screen to wake up the device.

2. I have to remove security from the device because having to put in a code every time the device locks would drive me insane.

What I want, and what seems like common sense (and what I have had on every prior device) is the ability to set screen time out independent from lock timer.
isnt the screen timeout on the settings..display settings? or am i missing the whole conversation

N9 64gb black

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zaoltryence For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zaoltryence View Post
isnt the screen timeout on the settings..display settings? or am i missing the whole conversation
Very interesting.. I just assumed that it wasn't possible given that it was such a problem*! Thanks for the enlightenment.

* In all fairness, it seems that the setting is in an unintuitive place.

Here's an article describing the screen-timeout setting:
http://blogs.computerworld.com/16588...screen_timeout

The Following User Says Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post:
Well, the Nook Colour has already gotten hardware acceleration with Honeycomb

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/30/a...-acceleration/

This is almost a week after the SDK was released. It really makes you wonder why organizations with tens, if not hundreds, of engineers *and* who are privy to these releases before the general public, take so long pushing updates to their devices.

For the geek community, this would be a major selling point, though I suspect that the general populace is ignorant about such things.

The Following User Says Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Capt'n Corrupt View Post
Well, the Nook Colour has already gotten hardware acceleration with Honeycomb

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/30/a...-acceleration/

This is almost a week after the SDK was released. It really makes you wonder why organizations with tens, if not hundreds, of engineers *and* who are privy to these releases before the general public, take so long pushing updates to their devices.

For the geek community, this would be a major selling point, though I suspect that the general populace is ignorant about such things.
maybe we will see much more after a google event specialy intended for honeycomb this february,. By the way any of you guys tried out already some notion ink adam apps on the tab? Ive tried the browser its quite good, just need to get used to the tab switching thing

N9 64gb black

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zaoltryence For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zaoltryence View Post
maybe we will see much more after a google event specialy intended for honeycomb this february,. By the way any of you guys tried out already some notion ink adam apps on the tab? Ive tried the browser its quite good, just need to get used to the tab switching thing
Interesting! What do you like about it?

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Georgia
Missing with titanium backup pro......i missed up tablet.

I uninstall one off those analog clocks.....now everytime I install a new app; I have to reboot before I could see the icon.

The real problem is that I reset to factory rom under settings and my tab didn't really reset.......my device was already rooted.

QUESTION: how do I get this thing back to the way I got it from the store?

It seems that Android has overtaken Symbian in sales to be the #1 worldwide smartphone OS. Can it maintain this lead for more than one quarter?

http://www.dailytech.com/Android+Ove...ticle20787.htm

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Capt'n Corrupt View Post
Interesting! What do you like about it?
nothing speacial realy i just enjoy new stuff to try on tab, im waiting for the eden ui tobe ported

N9 64gb black

The Following User Says Thank You to zaoltryence For This Useful Post:

Tags
android envy, buzz..buzz buzz, core failure, crapdroid, galaxy fap, galaxy tab, ipad killer, samsung, tab trolls, tablet envy