Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

Does the latest vers. of nitdroid support phone calls

Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
In Settings > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names
slide the lock/unlock screen switch on the N900, and you will get the menu.
Super Thanks! But I could not setup the APN successfully. I had given the following details in the fields:

Name : Sunrise
APN: internet
Proxy : <not set>
Port : <not set>
Username : internet
Password : internet
Server: 212.35.35.35, 212.35.35.35 (Is this correct?)
MMSC
MMS proxy
MMS port
MMC : 228 (set default)
MNC : 02
AUthentication Type: <Not set>
APN Type: <Not set>

I saved with this setting. I do see the radio button turns to 'GREEN' but not able to connect to internet.

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by LTman View Post
Does the latest vers. of nitdroid support phone calls
Yes, You can call smbd but he or she or even You won't hear a f****** sound. And please look for ur answer before u post anything, that was asked before many times=)

Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
Yes, You can call smbd but he or she or even You won't hear a f****** sound. And please look for ur answer before u post anything, that was asked before many times=)
Hi, It's not easy to browse all 198 pages of this thread to find for the answer. Simply you could say "NO" instead of putting so much of words. Just my thought on this...No Offense Meant!

Originally Posted by Vasikaran View Post
Super Thanks! But I could not setup the APN successfully. I had given the following details in the fields:

Name : Sunrise
APN: internet
Proxy : <not set>
Port : <not set>
Username : internet
Password : internet
Server: 212.35.35.35, 212.35.35.35 (Is this correct?)
MMSC
MMS proxy
MMS port
MMC : 228 (set default)
MNC : 02
AUthentication Type: <Not set>
APN Type: <Not set>

I saved with this setting. I do see the radio button turns to 'GREEN' but not able to connect to internet.

Yahoo!!! It's now connecting. I used the same settings from one of the HTC phones of my friend. Now, I could connect to Internet. Thanks a ton Ammyt

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Originally Posted by Vasikaran View Post

Hi, It's not easy to browse all 198 pages of this thread to find for the answer. Simply you could say "NO" instead of putting so much of words. Just my thought on this...No Offense Meant!
No. Your thought won't work here. This question has been asked over 200 times before. I am sure that "ooh does zat nitroidd have callz?" makes up to 70% of all the sentences written in this thread. I already said, when there are phone calls I'll let you know.

just added a line to the first post...

The Following User Says Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
I just polished my first post, hope you find a sufficient amount of information in it .
For me sir, everything is very clear! but as you can see, ppl go to the last page of the toppic, don't think and post the phone question. Even your 1post is very clear.

Me, i'm still waiting for gingerbread, because i have no faith the installation will work(because of my unknowing, even i've read the tuto's and saw the vid's), so I need a good day when I have time and then i'll try for sure.

Originally Posted by Kenny1001 View Post
For me sir, everything is very clear! but as you can see, ppl go to the last page of the toppic, don't think and post the phone question. Even your 1post is very clear.

Me, i'm still waiting for gingerbread,...
Gingerbread is already out.

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
I've been reading the Wiki very carefully and there are certain points that could be clarified or have some further explanations.

I don't have enough experience installing Nitdroid to do all the changes myself but let me list all my appreciations:

- I have added a little introduction just to explain to the newbies what the EMMC is.

- I would add a warning about prerequisites:
- Is it possible to have Power Kernel installed before installing Nitdroid?
- Is it possible to have Multiboot installed before installing Nitdroid?
- Is it possible to have BackupMenu installed before installing Nitdroid?
I'm not completely sure about the answers so I haven't added anything about it to the Wiki.

- The Kernel Power Installation paragraph seems a bit outdated to me. First of all you can install it via HAM or Fapman, and there is actually a Multiboot for Kernel Power package in the repos. It's also not clear if this procedure is to be done after Nitdroid installation and if doing it in this order is mandatory.

- I would also add an explanation about booting procedures. AFAIK, uboot is not working with Android, isn't it?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid