Notices

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Vancouver, BC
Thanks, that helped.

I have a lot of good LodeRunner memories. So I've been enjoying this version (with some of its rule twists). But I find the key bindings awkward & miss playing with a joystick decades ago. Really, anything requiring six keys (four movement directions, two digging directions) and relatively fast-paced action is going to be less than ideal with the N810 keyboard &/or DPad. For movement, I would prefer to tap on the touchscreen. Maybe think of the touchscreen as a 3x3 grid where a tap in row 1 col 2 is up, a tap in row 2 col 1 is left, etc. I think that would make the game more playable.

Or, split the screen into four parts along diagonal lines through the center. If a tap is the same as holding a direction key down, then you'd also need a section in the middle for stop.

Even better might be to tap where you want the character to go & the character would take the most straightforward route there. Digging would cause the character to stop.

Last edited by buurmas; 2009-09-14 at 02:12. Reason: typo