Posts: 589 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ london
no never been stung on any fair usage scheme- and gone over by 4 times-infact once probally 20 times

skype works fine on vodaphone as well

and no bloatware

by the sounds of vodas and infact any other providers 'fair usage'

they dont charge you if you go over.

they can however ask you to go up a price plan, or they can ask you to not use it as much(lol!!!!).. but to be honest in that case it would surely be very easy to get out of your contract

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by mysticrokks View Post
btw what do you mean about 500mbs
its unlimited web

its like 30 quid a month contract, phone free
Im afraid you are wrong. They are allowed to call it "Unlimited", but always add a their 'Fair Usage' policy, restricting your monthly allowance to a certain amount. Always check the smallprint, and read the Terms&Conditions. Also, dont ever fully rely on what a sales rep in a store tells you. They can tell you what they want and you will end up the looser.

btw if you want to buy the phone- dont go with t mobile.. go with o2

700 mins messages and unlimited internet for 20 quid a month-AND ONLY 30 day contract NOT 12 MONTHS- o2 is much better than t mobile around london- but then it does depend on where you live i suppose..
On all sim-free contracts you have the choice between a long and a short term contract for certain available price ranges. For T-Mobile thats 12 months and 30 days (1 month). Since Im after a cheap Simonly contract I prefer going for 12months and getting 800min instead of 600 for a monthly contract option. Texts and Internet are unlimited.

I've just seen a similar deal for O2, but there was no notion whether it includes internet?

I live in London and am still on Vodaphone, will change soon though. The T-Mobile Website shows me outstanding coverage for London? I believe their coverage (same for Vodaphone a few years back) has improved vastly over the last few years, therefore as long as you live in a fairly urban environment you should be fine with most big names. No doubts there.

on the other hand you get the same with vodaphone for 30 a month but 24 month contract-- but if the think about it thats only paying 240 quid for a 440 quid phone..
That's exactly whats not an option for me. Going for a 2 YEAR contract? Jesus, a man needs a new toy from time to time

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ADDITION: The cheaper the monthly rate the less impressive your monthly covered allowances will be. You will end up with a kick *** phone but a limited contract which doesnt allow you to fully enjoy your n900. And that for 2 years Keep that in mind Ive seen quite a few deals offering the handset for free on 20-35/month but only giving you something like 75min/monthly calls for instance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Haus3r; 2009-12-29 at 20:03.

i can assure you that for 15 pounds o2 doesnt have web, and for 20 pounds it does have web

fair usage is hit and miss- in fact its just rubbish- no one i know has ever been stung on it.. i had a voda contract for a year and some months was downloading 5gigs worth and never got asked to limit my usage..

when you say its not an option to have a 24 month contract thats fine- i understand- but you have to rember that in this case you can save 200 quid by doing - therefore you can buy your new toy anyway....

not a problem

on ly problem would be switching networks- not buying a new toy

i hate t mobile - i live in a leafy part of surrey , but work in london mostly- o2 is best - vodaphone is second- t mobile just doesnt work for me- so its never an option

i hate t mobile
I kinda figured that care to explain?

but you have to rember that in this case you can save 200 quid by doing - therefore you can buy your new toy anyway....
Or after 12 months I can switch to a new contract with another provider, saving me more money! I will renew in March, a year after that Im 100% prices have plummeted even more, and I can choose a nice new contract.

I am aware of that fact that essentially I am loosing money here but on the other side committing to a provider for 2 years is really putting me off.

its a joke i hate this 2 year contract stuff

i did explain why i hate t mobile- i cant use it at home!!- its not really hate , its the fact i cant use it!!

its a joke i hate this 2 year contract stuff
Yeah I know - the longest I do is 18months, but as I explained previously, the chances of getting the phone free with a good solid contract for 18months are = 0. The decision of buying the phone separately formed after seeing how good sim-only deals in terms of internet offered really are! No point of saving money on the phone, and then ending up in a useless 24month contract with silly 75min a month - yay, I forgot your 250 texts (I easily write in a week).

i did explain why i hate t mobile- i cant use it at home!!- its not really hate , its the fact i cant use it!!
Im with you mate; perfect reasoning A friend of mine had to switch from Vodaphone > Orange because of the very same reason.

What do you do in London? And are you positive on the O2 deal for 20pound/month with ?min/Unltmd texts & internet? Whats their fair usage policy?

i visit offices schools hospitals churchs- whatever - i run a health and safety company

erm not sure what the fair usage policy is to be honest never been stung on it..- but i am gonna go on it for my personal number and keep my iphone 3g rahter than upgrading in jan.

my vodaphone is on a 24 moth 30 quid (work contract)

http://shop.o2.co.uk/sim-only-simpli...2-_-4017548736

click on that

its 19.98 600 mins 1200 txts and unlimited web is a bolt on option(1 month)

or 800 mins etc 12 months