Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
just read apt promt before typing YES
And never let your trusty assistant take care of updates.

My website

GitHub

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by tebsu View Post
I dont know why there is nothing set as sticky but i would recommend to put a note here, that atp-get commands can/will brick your phone easily. You could do it with N900 (i never had problems with that) but one atp-get upgrade brought my N9 straight to Nokia Care. I heard of others with the same problem. Maybe this really should be made sticky as i guess that a lot of people wanna update their device via console.
Why did you bring it to Nokia care?
If you know nought to use apt-get, you also should be able to figure out how to flash it again.
There is no need to give the device out of your hands!
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

The Following User Says Thank You to caco3 For This Useful Post:
Hello! no more time ago I had blocked my n9. I used upt-get update when my phone no be connected to lan. And my phone had small charge level. After his power off I cant started him( How i think when you use offline apt-get updae, phone cant take package lists and installs old version packege. But it can reduce the level of firmware. And as you know, this can not be done!

Last edited by Druney4ik; 2013-11-13 at 18:27.