Posts: 607 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Finland
i have formatted the first partition of my internal card as FAT. that's working well with android.

There is an option in settings to allow installing non-marketing apps.. do you have that checked?

Originally Posted by meizirkki View Post
i have formatted the first partition of my internal card as FAT. that's working well with android.

There is an option in settings to allow installing non-marketing apps.. do you have that checked?
I have the same formatting scheme for the internal card, but I don't have an external card. Thanks for the tip about the non-market apps. I checked it, but still, no luck bringing up the app directory.

I've just flashed my N800 with the 0.4, couple findings so far:
- the power button indeed doesn't work, can't shutdown but via removing battery
- once the screen dims, my N800 won't wake up (I think this bug has already been reported in previous releases)
- I can't get the onscreen keyboard to show up - pressing, clicking any other action on a text field doesn't do anything. Could somebody with N800 try that?
- nice new wallpaper

In any case, megakudos to Solca et al for making this happen!!!

I created a link to push the Jaiku updates to Twitter. Please follow 'nitdroid' on Twitter or add it to your social networking aggregation tools (like FriendFeed).

Posts: 109 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Guatemala
Lock screen and power button doesn't work in the MID policy, what do you think ppl to return back to phone policy for 0.4.1 release?

Originally Posted by solca View Post
Lock screen and power button doesn't work in the MID policy, what do you think ppl to return back to phone policy for 0.4.1 release?
Why is that? A mobile internet device still needs to power itself off every now and then and even lock the screen. I guess I am not understanding the difference between MID and phone policy.

Originally Posted by solca View Post
Also the battery charger doesn't even show me that it's charging (separate from the discussion on what's actually happening behind the scenes). I'm not a fan of yanking the cover off the back of the unit once or twice a day. Its pretty flimsy.

There's no way to add shutdown back into the rootfs? or hack together an app to shut it down? Even a soft shutdown would be better than nothing.

P.S. 1 vote for returning the phone profile while other things get worked on (sound, camera, gps, bluetooth)

EDIT - I'm wondering if we symlink reboot to shutdown, perhaps we can get a soft shutdown app

Last edited by EasternPA; 2009-01-21 at 01:02.

Posts: 109 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Guatemala
Originally Posted by cyrus View Post
Why is that? A mobile internet device still needs to power itself off every now and then and even lock the screen. I guess I am not understanding the difference between MID and phone policy.
In the Android source code it exists two different code paths for phones and MIDs.

I have seen many contributions to the phone policy and fewer to the MID part, too the license could be a factor too as it is not copyleft (so contribution back is not required) I have seen many projects with closed sources... hopefully this year big companies will ship Android MID devices so maybe contributions to the that part will make it feature complete...

The Following User Says Thank You to solca For This Useful Post:
I flashed .4 on my N800... same as others... no soft keyboard. Snake runs! Cannot sign into WIFI .

I can confirm that reboot -p does perform an instant shutdown and poweroff via adb shell. It turns out that reboot is a symlink to 'toolbox' but 'toolbox' is unaware of how to handle the shutdown command. Being an instant poweroff, it does not save the time. Anyone know how to recreate the terminal app icon? Or create an icon that executes 'reboot -p'?

Tags
android, nitdroid, release