Active Topics

Just to repeat the question from jrock2004, are you guys saying that the Kingston 2GB MMC Mobile Card will in fact work in the N 770? Also, all examples of partitioning I have found here and at maemo.org show numbers for 1 GB card. Anyone have good example numbers for a 2 GB partitioning. Thanks, just received my 770 yesterday, and I am as newbie as they come.

Originally Posted by stewp6340 View Post
Just to repeat the question from jrock2004, are you guys saying that the Kingston 2GB MMC Mobile Card will in fact work in the N 770? Also, all examples of partitioning I have found here and at maemo.org show numbers for 1 GB card. Anyone have good example numbers for a 2 GB partitioning. Thanks, just received my 770 yesterday, and I am as newbie as they come.
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...97&postcount=2

i ordered from amazon i week ago and my nokia 770 did not recognised it,display says "its corrupted or not formatted" then i formatted in nokia 770 and still didn't work so i called kingston and they except to replace card and today i got new one and this one is also not working and giving the same warning..

so after two time bad experience i guess 2gb card is not working and maybe i have to swap to 1gb card, any input appriciated..

and people who says 2gb card is working pls put the link or picture so we can order the right one, this is so confusing..

Originally Posted by nokialex7707 View Post
i ordered from amazon i week ago and my nokia 770 did not recognised it,display says "its corrupted or not formatted" then i formatted in nokia 770 and still didn't work so i called kingston and they except to replace card and today i got new one and this one is also not working and giving the same warning..

so after two time bad experience i guess 2gb card is not working and maybe i have to swap to 1gb card, any input appriciated..

and people who says 2gb card is working pls put the link or picture so we can order the right one, this is so confusing..

Did you update it to the lastest firmware.
see http://www.examplified.net/guide/Nok...ting_from_MMC/

I am using the 2gb kingston mmc mobile card right now and it works just fine.

Nokialex - I wondered about the different cards as well, not the RS, but the regular MMCMobile. I had seen at least 3 different cards listed under the same model. I ended up calling Kingston and asked what the difference was between the 3, was told there were none. If you go on the Kingston website, when it brings up the mmcmobile dv 2gb card, it's the black and white one, but when you click on the price, it shows the one with the fuschia color rectangle - I even emailed the picture from the link below to the guy I was talking to from Kingston right as I was on the phone, and again, he confirmed, though they have slight variations, the cards are all the same.

to eldemila:
mine is still kingston but somewhat design is different,

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowIm...2f2GB+-+Retail

(not purple colored one, click on second thumbnail!!!)

if u look memory card design itself is 2gb is vertically upside down on left side..i wonder if my nokia is broken or something but original card 64mb works great, i erase or dovnload many time pics no prob..

to cme:

thx for the link but if i will upgrade from this link do u think i might get some problem, becouse it looks very confusingly diffucult..does anyone upgrade their nokia before their kingston card using? is it definetaly necessary, nobody is mantioned that they upgrade nokia when they use 2gb card..

maybe i shuld use 1gb what u think..

Last edited by nokialex7707; 2007-07-21 at 19:54.

Just to add I have had extremem problems with buy.com I would say not to buy from them

Nokialex - it appears the card is right from the picture - hoping I won't have any issues when mine arrives - it's on it's way!

JRock - have bought numerous items from Buy.com in the past and NEVER had any kind of issue with them at all. Actually, nothing I've ever bought on line have I ever had an issue with - I guess I'm lucky???

Wonder how many people found the deal on the card before they upped the price, and upped it again. I do find it strange that they change around the prices as they do, but I see Amazon does it as well. Being that I'm usually never in a hurry to buy something right away, I tend to look, and look, and look and I just lucked out with getting this for $29.95 with free S&H - if you can wait, have the patience, and the time, you're bound to find it at a good price. Many who recently bought the 770 probably bought the cards right away, websites saw the sales on the card go up and many sold out, they probably will have too much stock when they get their new orders in and not many orders to buy the cards, and (hopefully) the prices will fall when there's not much demand. Just keep on checking.

Good luck!

to nokialex7707, why not upgrade the firmware, to me, it's more stable and more software available. Do you have a system on 1GB mmc? If not, I recommend you to follow the link to make a mmc boot system. By the way, why not check your 2GB MMC on desktop or laptop, most of flash card readers support MMC. I guess your system might screw up, like some mismatch library installed.