Active Topics

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Is this a Debian-specific thing, or a Deblet thing? That is, will any Debian fs have this folder?
Well, Maybe - I had it and xfce4 was installed, but I'm not sure what makes it.

So, what is the command for running this program? Specifically, for adding <application-X> to <menu-Y> (creating menu-Y if required)?
There's sadly a huge XXX making new menus doesnt work right now in the source :/ I've only made it able to be put into Extras for now but that might just be because it was way too late in the evening..

I wish the Maemo menu had nested menus. Then we could just dump everything into a "Deblet" menu tree. As it is, the Deblet menu will be huge... (I don't think it should just drop them into "Extras", but into "Deblet")
Initially I looked into the possibility to have it added to Personal Menu instead as it seems more flexible.. but the Maemo menus are more generic across users.

That is a very cool goal. I'm on board!
Yeah, it should definately increase the easyness of chroot Debian/Deblet.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Some more stuff, for Deblet Hack Challenges v2.0:

* http://www.sand-labs.org/owb/wiki/ <- Compile this for Deblet and make a deb package out of it

* A way to lock the screen and unlock it.

* A way to calibrate the touchscreen under Maemo.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

Last edited by Stskeeps; 2008-09-06 at 07:53.

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on May 2008 @ Bulgaria - Sofia/Plovdiv
I've not yet used any debian on the nit, and I'm not sure what is the text input method.
However I'd suggest porting the Hildon Input Method to debian and including it in the build

A small vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOMyt0yu8CI

Tags
debian, deblet, deblet wishlist