Active Topics

Posts: 474 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oxford, UK
I'm using latest Ubuntu Linux on my laptop, and it just did this out of the box with some setting in the Network Manager GUI.

I had the laptop connected to the net via wired ethernet, and enabled the wireless connection in connection sharing mode. Unfortunately I don't remember what option that was in the GUI. I do remember when selected it automatically provided IP forwarding, NAT and local DHCP/DNS.

After that I saw the laptop wi-fi on the N900's list of connections, picked it, and the N900 had net access via the laptop. Nothing more to it. I was impressed that it was built in to Ubuntu and didn't need me to fiddle around, and that it just worked.

no, virtual router doesnt work for me, results in the error on n900 as mentioned above. Will try connectify, i hope no spywares!
using win7 32bit

update: the virtual router is working. Restarted everything.

Originally Posted by abubakar View Post
no, virtual router doesnt work for me, results in the error on n900 as mentioned above. Will try connectify, i hope no spywares!
using win7 32bit
I did do a scan with Microsoft security Essential Antivirus Software its all clear you are good to go

Originally Posted by TH3ORY View Post
Dude its really simple on Windows 7 first pair up your phone via Bluetooth once that is paired... Click Start then Devices and Printers your N900 will be there right click your N900 select networking from there you can dial onto the internet... i manged to achieve speeds of 997kilbits per second in my car Dude... BroadBand on the move its awesome ENJOY
Does bluetooth tethering on windows 7 work? For me(with PC Suite), it did not since it could not find bluetooth modem. I thought it is a known issue with Windows 7.

Originally Posted by milli View Post
Does bluetooth tethering on windows 7 work? For me(with PC Suite), it did not since it could not find bluetooth modem. I thought it is a known issue with Windows 7.
Yes it works on windows 7 ultimate it connected fine and i was surfing away... i did not use the P.C Suite i have a inbuilt bluetooth in my VAIO i just used windows to connect are you using a bluetooth dongle ?

Yes it works on windows 7 ultimate it connected fine and i was surfing away... i did not use the P.C Suite i have a inbuilt bluetooth in my VAIO i just used windows to connect are you using a bluetooth dongle ?
Yes I have a USB dongle and can't get it to work.

Yes I have a USB dongle and can't get it to work.
Try this remove the USB Bluetooth dongle software from your laptop restart the computer... Then make sure you are connected to the net plugin in the dongle let windows 7 find and install the software automatically.. Then use windows Bluetooth software to connect to the N900 hope that helps....

Try this remove the USB Bluetooth dongle software from your laptop restart the computer... Then make sure you are connected to the net plugin in the dongle let windows 7 find and install the software automatically.. Then use windows Bluetooth software to connect to the N900 hope that helps....

I tried and it did not work. I can connect but it can't find the bluetooth modem.

I tried and it did not work. I can connect but it can't find the bluetooth modem.
OK Which apps have you got on the N900 is the Bluetooth Dial-Up Networking app installed ? if not then install it and try again let me no how you got on Thanks.... P.S can you tell me the Bluetooth Dongle model number.... Thanks

App Link

http://maemo.org/downloads/product/M...bluetooth-dun/

Last edited by TH3ORY; 2010-01-19 at 18:15.