1500ghz 2GB RAM how you imagine that ??? even its 1.5ghz and 1GB RAM is also a Dream with NOKIA tag.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gky007 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 16 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Yogyakarta
DREAM DREAM DREAM

maemo has died

Last edited by tanpoaran; 2012-02-04 at 10:45.

Originally Posted by tanpoaran View Post
DREAM DREAM DREAM

maemo has died
It is hard to kill open source projects that has a user base

Originally Posted by gosh View Post
Well ,,, maemo has ben abandoned by Nokia , but it's users are still active and not even willing to move to other platforms !

Maemo is freedom

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Not really. You can just stop making the phones. Who will be using Maemo5 in five years time? Most N900s will be landfill by then. Rules that apply to desktop projects don't really apply here.

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Not really. You can just stop making the phones. Who will be using Maemo5 in five years time? Most N900s will be landfill by then. Rules that apply to desktop projects don't really apply here.
I don't know if Nokia has something on the code that will stop others from making phones that can run the software. If they do then I think that Tizen will get a lot of angry customers from Nokia, these customers are very devoted and Samsung and IBM is getting a fast start.
QT is going to support Tizen and I think it just is a recompile and all apps får Maemo will work

I don't know if Nokia has something on the code that will stop others from making phones that can run the software. If they do then I think that Tizen will get a lot of angry customers from Nokia, these customers are very devoted and Samsung and IBM is getting a fast start.
QT is going to support Tizen and I think it just is a recompile and all apps får Maemo will work
I honestly can't believe how people think Tizen will move anywhere. There's even less of talk about Tizen than there was for Maemo 5.

That platform is dead before it was ever even born.

Originally Posted by teamer View Post
a good battery is required for that ram and cpu ... i would like to use maemo for lets say ... till another thing like maemo comes up
RAM yes, but you could get the battery life for that by just having newer SoC. N9 uses OMAP3630 with 1450mah battery, compared to 1320mah on N900 and N9 gets clearly better battery life.

That's even with the larger screen that is the component on these devices that will always take most of the battery.

Last edited by tissot; 2012-02-04 at 19:37.

The Following User Says Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
I honestly can't believe how people think Tizen will move anywhere. There's even less of talk about Tizen than there was for Maemo 5.

That platform is dead before it was ever even born.
Don't you think that all apps done for Maemo will be recompiled for Tizen and released there too?
I think that there is a huge demand for one open system based on C++ apps.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
LOL@Tizen.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
For those who miss so much a maemo system up to date must probe N9 having flash with open kernel without aegis, you can do everything that you want in terminal just the same way that you do in N900, the only problem is that N9 still lacks of applications, and there isn't a organizate system of repository like in maemo, but appart for that you have a true linux debian distro you can do what you want with it, and is surprising how fast and fluid everything goes even under heavy multitasking and the battery lasts more than twice the battery of N900.

So we have already a maemo=debian system up to date who is fast and battery last long, so what is the problem??