Notices

If you think wine executed via qemu will give you any usable performance then you will be terribly disappointed. It's not even very like that it'll work at all. It's a waste of time.

Posts: 173 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
If you think wine executed via qemu will give you any usable performance then you will be terribly disappointed. It's not even very like that it'll work at all. It's a waste of time.
My tests so far show performance about equal to pentium 100 for raw execution, graphically stuff is using X and native system calls. So for example toppler runs at almost native speed!

I've used binfmt_misc to get it so I can just add x86 binaries to the path and they run as if they were arm linux binaries. This includes wine:

~/wine/usr/lib/wine $ file ../../bin/wine
../../bin/wine: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.6.18, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), stripped
~/wine/usr/lib/wine $ wine --version
qemu: Unsupported syscall: 240
wine-1.1.29
~/wine/usr/lib/wine $ /usr/bin/file /usr/bin/file
/usr/bin/file: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, version 1 (SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.4.17, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), stripped

Unfortunately clone()/fork() don't work. I hope Pandemonium is win16 and a really old wine might work without crashing like this does when I run it against anything