Active Topics

Banned | Posts: 280 | Thanked: 295 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Romania
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
?? Keep them both when u find time you can repair them as seriously nothing has happend the gsm chip got displaced and about the flex . I dont even consider it a issue
now you have more reasons to get one as u believe them as scrap boards you have hell lota orignal parts available
and do post closeups some time let me see....
You don't really get it... I am poor. I need a working smartphone just to help me pass my exams and get that money... I am sick of fixing... I just got them and all I did was fix, fix and fix again. Problem here, problem there...

I need a phone that I can rely on, example, in a exam I need GSM for the invisible headphones, wi-fi to recive files. I don't want exactly when I get to find out an answer. General error, all phone disabled because ... f*ck you, you will fail this exam...

I hope you understand me...

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
I am poor too btw whats invisible headphones??? Scared
actually i do a lot of diy projects thats my hobby and i also earn my poket money fixing electronics .
Actually i use them as guinea pigs and charge them insted

Hey man,

I'm very sorry to hear about your N900. It sounds like you were doing a lot of things with them and just had bad luck. Do you really want to have an N900, or do you want any smartphone you can use? I am guessing you got these used and already had problems, right?

I am poor too btw whats invisible headphones??? Scared
actually i do a lot of diy projects thats my hobby and i also earn my poket money fixing electronics .
Actually i use them as guinea pigs and charge them insted
I don't have the tools to fix electronics. I have a 25 years old soldering iron that was my grandfather's, and another half cripeled one I got from a friend of mine.

I do college project for pocket money, but I also need to eat, to take care of my car (thank god that's the only thing that's 6 years old and didn't require any repair by now)...

So what now... I am using a Motorola E8 right now, and I am allready scared because the exams starts next month, and I haven't got anything to help me... My tablet pc is 12 inch and 2.2 kg, so I can't hide it anywhere (also don't have GSM on that tablet). Last semester I passed because I borrowed a smatphone from a friend of mine...

Originally Posted by malfunctioning View Post
Hey man,

I'm very sorry to hear about your N900. It sounds like you were doing a lot of things with them and just had bad luck. Do you really want to have an N900, or do you want any smartphone you can use? I am guessing you got these used and already had problems, right?
Yes I want the N900 back, I want it because there is no smartphone like the N900. So what quad core, octo core, what's the use when the phone doesn't have the functions of the N900.

I want one, but with no problems, I want one that will work, one that will stand beside me 1-2 years...

Both of them were 2nd hand, because a new one here is about 500 euros, with 2 year warnity, but I didn't have the money. The first N900 had no problems, but it looked 8/10, so that wasn't a problem. One night while charging, I stepped on the cable and the usb port snapped. The second was just like brand new, after 1 week I got a problem sometimes when I tried to call, I would get an General Error, then I got the yellow message that said that there was a communication error. I fixed that with some paper and taking care of it not to take any kind of shoks, I was extemely kind to it...Until, by itself the chip died, and it wouldnt recognize any sim card. The first time i heated the gsm it worked for 3 days, the second time for 1/2 day and now it's dead, it won't even turn on...

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Damm problem ! I get it now
btw invisible hphones?? Whats that??
Why dont you study well as thats a better option
and i recon the solder iron was the problem seems like you got a bad n900 damm seller..

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 863 | Thanked: 213 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Goa
yehaaa bad seller

Damm problem ! I get it now
btw invisible hphones?? Whats that??
Why dont you study well as thats a better option
and i recon the solder iron was the problem seems like you got a bad n900 damm seller..
Invisible headphones are those wireless, magnetic headphones that you stick on your ear drum and they work via magnetic vibration.

Because it's hard. I can study, but to have excellent results and get that money, I need some help...

Originally Posted by TheoX View Post
Yes I want the N900 back, I want it because there is no smartphone like the N900. So what quad core, octo core, what's the use when the phone doesn't have the functions of the N900.

I want one, but with no problems, I want one that will work, one that will stand beside me 1-2 years...

Both of them were 2nd hand, because a new one here is about 500 euros, with 2 year warnity, but I didn't have the money. The first N900 had no problems, but it looked 8/10, so that wasn't a problem. One night while charging, I stepped on the cable and the usb port snapped. The second was just like brand new, after 1 week I got a problem sometimes when I tried to call, I would get an General Error, then I got the yellow message that said that there was a communication error. I fixed that with some paper and taking care of it not to take any kind of shoks, I was extemely kind to it...Until, by itself the chip died, and it wouldnt recognize any sim card. The first time i heated the gsm it worked for 3 days, the second time for 1/2 day and now it's dead, it won't even turn on...
I understand why you want a N900 but are discouraged by your bad experiences. I got an N900 almost as new (and working fine) last month for around $125.00, which I guess is around 105 Euros or something like that. But it appears it might be more difficult to get N900 in Romania than in the U.S.

How much is shipping from USA to Romania? Maybe somebody in the forum can help you by acting as a sort of "escrow" or intermediary? If shipping were reasonable and customs didn't add a lot, that might be a viable option for you.

As for the intended use for the N900 as an "exam aid" all I can say is that while I admire your inventiveness and candor, I hope you could find "alternate" ways to pass your exams. You are not studying to be a surgeon or an airline pilot, are you? Let's hope you aren't...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to malfunctioning For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by malfunctioning View Post
I understand why you want a N900 but are discouraged by your bad experiences. I got an N900 almost as new (and working fine) last month for around $125.00, which I guess is around 105 Euros or something like that. But it appears it might be more difficult to get N900 in Romania than in the U.S.

How much is shipping from USA to Romania? Maybe somebody in the forum can help you by acting as a sort of "escrow" or intermediary? If shipping were reasonable and customs didn't add a lot, that might be a viable option for you.

As for the intended use for the N900 as an "exam aid" all I can say is that while I admire your inventiveness and candor, I hope you could find "alternate" ways to pass your exams. You are not studying to be a surgeon or an airline pilot, are you? Let's hope you aren't...
Taxes will discourage you even more if you get someting from USA to Romania.

And no, don't worry, I won't pilot any aeroplanes soon, or ever, and I won't become a doctor. I am stuyding computer science and the 1st year is complete ********. I need to get past this and all those useless courses to get to the real deal...

Tags
what a tool