Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
I am keeping my plan:
1000 minutes talk time: $39.99
500 text messages: $2.99
Unlimited data: $5.99

Isn't AT&T buying T-Mobile? Why the hek at are they computing with them again anyway?

T-Mobile's major competitors are Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint. The campaign is a direct competition to their plans, showing the equivalent plans are between $420 to $480 more per line per year. I know it's not as cheap as you might want, but there is competition.

I'm hoping the AT&T/T-Mobile merger doesn't go through specifically because of the competition in place. I like T-Mobile but hate AT&T with a passion.

Until the merger ( or is it acquisition?) is approved, it's competition as usual.

Posts: 137 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ United States
Originally Posted by rotoflex View Post
What T-Mobile plan is $15/month ?
The unlimited text and 10 cents a minute prepaid plan. I have this plan and it's great value if you text a lot but don't talk much.

The Following User Says Thank You to te37v For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
What T-Mobile plan is $15/month ?
The bottom one on the attached screen shot. 10 cents a minute for phone calls, free unlimited text messages, $1.50 a day for Internet.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
T-Mobile seems to have put the N900 in a corner.

If you try to change plans, it asks which phone you have, & does not list the N900. If you then select "I don't have a T-Mobile phone", you get a message that you can't change plans if you don't have a T-Mobile phone.

I'd really like to get the day-pass data rate. Right now, I'm on the pay-per-MB mobile web data rate of $1.99 per MB, which is even more insulting considering that 4g isn't available in the area.

They just support phones they don't carry well on their website. You should try calling in, but if they ask, don't tell them you have a smart phone but that it can use data.

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
T-Mobile seems to have put the N900 in a corner.

If you try to change plans, it asks which phone you have, & does not list the N900. If you then select "I don't have a T-Mobile phone", you get a message that you can't change plans if you don't have a T-Mobile phone.

I'd really like to get the day-pass data rate. Right now, I'm on the pay-per-MB mobile web data rate of $1.99 per MB, which is even more insulting considering that 4g isn't available in the area.
Just tell them you have a Nokia 6301 or any other dumbphone. It ainīt harder than that.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to olighak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 137 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ United States
1. What benefits are there in staying with T-Mobile until the merger? I was thinking about switching to the AT&T $10 1000 text plan with 10 cents a minute for better service, but would rather keep my $15 unlimited text plan for the value (I'm capable of going over 1000 texts). One benefit is 3G speeds.

2. Will AT&T continue to honor T-Mobile plans after the merger for those who had it? AT&T currently has a $20 unlimited text plan but that's more expensive.

3. Once the merger is complete, will the N900 be able to get 3G on the AT&T network?

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by te37v View Post
3. Once the merger is complete, will the N900 be able to get 3G on the AT&T network?
No. AT&T has stated that following the merger, they'll be turning off 3G to T-Mobile phones so they can repurpose that band for LTE. Owners of T-Mobile 3G phones will be encouraged to "upgrade" to new AT&T phones.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post: