Active Topics

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by number2301 View Post
I've been doing a bit of research and it seems that GTalk doesn't work with a Google account which doesn't use a GMail address. I guess that's my problem as I've been using a Yahoo email address.

It'd be nice if Google documented that anywhere but nevermind.
Well, Google Talk uses GMail addresses to deliver the content, also, it uses GMail mechanisms to archive conversations. I assumed you knew, as in, you said you already have a computer and it (chat) worked.

Anyway, glad it's worked out. GChat is pretty fast, reliable, and well implemented in N900 - it's the only one I use because YM is WAY too unreliable and others visibly chomp up the battery.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Leeds, England
Yeah I may have been a bit hasty in saying that it worked before, the box came up on my igoogle page but I didn't actually test it out as I don't want to use it on my PC.

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
If you don't, make sure you log out. If anyone logs in with that account in chat, the chat takes precedence over N900 and takes over the messages.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

The Following User Says Thank You to ndi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 355 | Thanked: 245 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Northern VA
Here is something I've noticed on gtalk on the N900, If a contact logs in, and they are invisible, they will show up as available but they aren't.

I had a friend test it for me, he logged in as invisible and logged off shortly after, and he was on my available contact list the entire time I was connected to gtalk, only when I disconnected from the service and reconnected did it properly refresh my list...anyone else experience this?

Looks like Google switched-off an old IP address for their chat service yesterday, so if you have that hard-coded somewhere that could be your problem.