Active Topics

Originally Posted by player_one View Post
Hello andraeseus, maybe you should try locking it with the IMEI code. I don't know how it works in your country, but in Italy we can call our mobile operator to ask for locking our stolen mobile by giving them the IMEI code. And if you ask the police they could even locate your mobile using the IMEI, so don't give up an try to find it!
ok, i will try that and thank you for the information

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Originally Posted by andraeseus1 View Post
ok, i will try that and thank you for the information
FYI the IMEI should be on the N900 packaging and possibly your receipt.

The Following User Says Thank You to ToJa92 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 232 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Austria, Amstetten
sad to hear that.... i know how this feels... i ve lost a 2 day old n95....

good luck @searchin

19 Lockerz.com Invites Left -- PM me if you need one...

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/7...enixsiggi1.gif @ mods plz allow me that pic....

android has transmission too and beter amoled screens

The Following User Says Thank You to crail For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by crail View Post
android has transmission too and beter amoled screens
yeah but what about all the other stuff? i had a samsung momnt on sprint with a processor clocked @ 800 mhz and it ws slow compared to my n900. what about fm transmitter. i dont even know any other phone who has that. how about the web browser. i have never enjoyed web browsing more on any other device. not even the laptop. its a lot of fun with n900. who else has flash 9? or 10? or video calling? just too many n900 specific things that no one else is offering. its like every one keep smake remakes of the iphone but nokia is really the opnly one who is trying something different and innovative as far as features go. maybe i will get a mytouch slide !!!!! JK i think imma stick with ould faithful and get another n900. at least ialready knwo about all its bugs and shor comings and what not. and i can work with them and have foung work arounds for them and they are no big deal

Sorry for ur lost man.

But if you do decide to get another n900 dont forget to install the "i am here" app. The only extra feature this program needs is the ability to lock the device via text or email but atleast you can sort of locate it.

The Following User Says Thank You to luckylefty For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 138 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Feb 2010
I know its not much use now

but

1) Im selling my N900 next week

2) Get an iphone with this http://www.iphonefootprint.com/2009/...-all-you-need/

3) no being funny, but its kinda dumb to take stuff like this out to clubs tbh esp if your drinking :O

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Maidstone, UK
I am sorry to hear about your loss.
I have been thinking about this eventuality for a while now. The more I use the N900 the more important it becomes to me and the thought of losing it is really scary.
We really need a community effort to create a security suite for the N900. I remember seeing a thread about it a while ago.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you guys are not gonna believe this!!!!!!

I have my phone back!!!! who the hell would have thought it? apparently it drifted to some old homeless guys hands who didnt even know how to use it or what it was exactly. he tried to call me and didnt know what was going on . same thing when i called him but eventually we figured it out. and not a moment to soon. i was just about to have the polive triangulate the signal by surveying 3 towers in the area. i figured this guy was either ignorant or aidiot cause he left the sim card in. the phone would ring when i called. thats all the police need to find it. i gave him a few bucks for the good effort of trying to get it back.

crayzy thing is as soon as i got home the batt died so i was only minutes away from loosing it forever. but on the fliup side now i know my phone can last a whole 24 hrs with the internet on and being connected to 5 im services at one time! plus email notifications, weather updates, etc. go NOKIA N900!

the guy said he found it. dont now hwo true this is and dont care. what matters is he gave it back and if i would have had more cash on me at the time i would have given him much more for the effort and reaffirming my faith in humanity so to speak. ok, i knwo that was a strech but i do feel better about people in general now.

i wonder if the olg guy just figured its easier otreturn it and get a good meal or score some bucks for a hit or something then it was to try and figure it out or take it to a store or sell to a friend or something. who knows, wh cares, what matters is i got it back and i am going to pay the expensive insurance rates for it now.

for every one who hadnt went through this learn from my mistake. GET INSURANCE ON YOUR PHONE! wear a proper fitting holster on yoru waste for your phone. and if this ever happens gfo to the cops imediately s they can triangulate the signal. the person on the other line doesnt have to pick up. the phone just has to ring. i doubt if most folks go through the n900 removing the sim card and stuff with in the first 2 hrs after stealing it. so if you have battery juice in that sucker and the idiots left the sim in you CAN GET your phone back. good luck to the rest of ya!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to andraeseus1 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by garyc2010 View Post
I know its not much use now

but

1) Im selling my N900 next week

2) Get an iphone with this http://www.iphonefootprint.com/2009/...-all-you-need/

3) no being funny, but its kinda dumb to take stuff like this out to clubs tbh esp if your drinking :O
i will still take mines out to the club, i think i understand the problem. i was using a old leather case for it that didnt really fit it so it made it easier to come out of my pocket when dancing or walking fast. the original one i bought for it started ripping at the seams so i figured this security risk was the lessor of the two evils. when totally sober it wasn't a issue but add a lil drink to the equation and its a bad scenario.

i had my n95 for years and never lost it or had it stolen. i also had a proper case for it