oh man i do love the stuff. sometimes i wonder what would be wose for you a pack of cigarettes a day or a pack of bacon.

jim gaffigan has some love for the stuff as well

http://www.baconunwrapped.com/2007/10/baconvision-jim-gaffigan-on-bacon.html

Crispy bacon is very nice on pizza.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Turns out that there may be some truth to the cigarette - bacon comparison. It causes lung disease / COPD and cancer...

I do love bacon, though.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
cancer is the body asking for a pay raise...

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Did I mention Tony's has a nice breakfast menu also

http://www.justinbuist.org/blog/2007...-place-to-eat/

here is the only BLT picture I could find.

Man I want to drive up there and get some bacon
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Last edited by penguinbait; 2008-11-03 at 03:09.

Posts: 354 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ New York
Love the bacon.
Attached Images

Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Originally Posted by eliagp View Post
(they don't sell it in my country)
They do, Elia. I have eaten it while traveling in Chile. It's called 'tocino' or 'panceta' (can you confirm?).

Here in Argentina we call it 'panceta'.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Turns out that there may be some truth to the cigarette - bacon comparison. It causes lung disease / COPD and cancer...

I do love bacon, though.
What a coincidence -- they taste the same as well.

I'm addicted to one of them... quit since Halloween/Samhain... the other one i never liked...

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Santiago, Chile
Originally Posted by alephito View Post
They do, Elia. I have eaten it while traveling in Chile. It's called 'tocino' or 'panceta' (can you confirm?).

Here in Argentina we call it 'panceta'.
Heh, ok they do sell it, and they sell waffles and other stuff too. But they are not really common. People are far more used to eating ham at breakfast.
I am under the impression that its not the exact same thing, too. maybe prepared different? I wouldn't really know.

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by eliagp View Post
Heh, ok they do sell it, and they sell waffles and other stuff too. But they are not really common. People are far more used to eating ham at breakfast.
I am under the impression that its not the exact same thing, too. maybe prepared different? I wouldn't really know.
As shown here, bacon and ham come from different parts of the pig

To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Tags
bacon