Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Hehe, I didn't know this has a gui
I ran as root and it gave me a cmd line :/

I'll package this up properly tommorow.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
The tablets have something called Mauku that is supposedly similar to Twitter.

Mauku is a jaiku client. Twitter and Jaiku are largely competing services with twitter owning the lion's share of users.

Outstanding!! Not 4 hours after posting, and we have a package to install!! You sir are amazing! How easy is it to package python apps?

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Brasília, Brazil
Hm... running on OS2007HE, Nokia 770:

~ $ mitter
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/mitter", line 130, in <module>
main()
File "/usr/bin/mitter", line 123, in main
prefs)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/mitterlib/ui/ui_pygtk.py", line 88, in __init__
self.add_grid()
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/mitterlib/ui/ui_pygtk.py", line 298, in add_grid
self.message_renderer.set_property('wrap-mode', gtk.WRAP_WORD)
TypeError: object of type `GtkCellRendererText' does not have property `wrap-mode'

pygtk version:
ii python2.5-gtk2 2.10.3-1osso9 Python bindings for the GTK+ widget set

tty is fine, though.

Last edited by cesarcardoso; 2008-05-27 at 00:11.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by rkopper View Post
Outstanding!! Not 4 hours after posting, and we have a package to install!! You sir are amazing! How easy is it to package python apps?
Thanks

It's quite easy with Gene Cash bdist_debian's python module. Before, I couldn't even "install" a python app but it packaged that one fine. I did it my scratchbox, i exported the python2.5 folder as a variable (sbox has an internal python, useless for tablets as we use indt's 2.5) and followed the instructions on Gene Cash's site to edit the setup.py. You can see this is my first go as tne name and email is messed up

I'll fix that and add icons and an icon to the application menu like you have attached.

@cesarcardoso

Sorry, but 770 is an odd one. N800 with os2008 has a working gui.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
I'm not sure if this is an option on the development side, but the silly Maemo "auto-captitalizes" the first letter of BOTH username/password in mitter.

The username/password masking is so efficient in mitter that users might not notice it...

However - if this is "pebkac" on my side, is there a way to disable the feature that capitalizes the first letter? In login textboxes, this feature is a nuisance.

BTW, I love this apps, thanks for developing it!

The Following User Says Thank You to corq For This Useful Post:
Posts: 43 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Winnpeg, MB, CAN
Also, I think Fring (which has been recently talked about) does twittter.

http://www.tyrannozaurus.com

Posts: 868 | Thanked: 474 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Capital District, NY, USA
Originally Posted by corq View Post
I'm not sure if this is an option on the development side, but the silly Maemo "auto-captitalizes" the first letter of BOTH username/password in mitter.

The username/password masking is so efficient in mitter that users might not notice it...
This is what I use in gc_dialer to the dialogs. Someone with a few minutes of python experience should be able to apply it to the mitter code.

Code:
self._widgetTree.get_widget("usernameentry").set_property('hildon-input-mode', 7)
self._widgetTree.get_widget("passwordentry").set_property('hildon-input-mode', 7|(1 << 29))
This will give the usernameentry text entry all letters, number, and specials without captilization. The 1<<29 turns on hiding of the entry ( which is automatically reset once you use hildon-input-mode ). This took more than one day of research to find out the trick,