Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by fiferboy View Post
traveller,

It is a hidden file that gets created after the first time you load the plugin. To change the file from XTerm run the command:

Code:
vi ~/.statusbar_clock.rc
Then change the line that says:

Code:
ampm=true
to

Code:
ampm=false
Let me know if that works for you. To have the change take effect, unload the plugins from control panel, then load them again.
Yeah thanks, was pretty obvious as soon as I found the file. Didn't know ls -l doesn't display everything

What goes for "vi".. never nano all the way

But thanks it works now

N800 with latest released OS 2008.

Thank joo

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Michigan, USA
Hi fiferboy,

Thanks for the applet, keep up the good work...

...How about combining this with your previous brightness/volumne applet and add a bar graph above (brightness) and below (volume) the time. This you'll get all the functionality in a single applet.

The Following User Says Thank You to PJE For This Useful Post:
Posts: 475 | Thanked: 771 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by PJE View Post
Hi fiferboy,

Thanks for the applet, keep up the good work...

...How about combining this with your previous brightness/volumne applet and add a bar graph above (brightness) and below (volume) the time. This you'll get all the functionality in a single applet.
Another good idea. I didn't mean to take credit for the Advanced Backlight Applet, though. Someone else did the good work on that. I am still looking into how to best overload the plugin to provide more functionality for the sacrificed screen space.

Once I post the source somewhere it will probably be much easier for someone who has written a useful plugin to add clock functionality. It is extremely simple code.

Originally Posted by traveller604 View Post
What goes for "vi".. never nano all the way

Thou shalt use JOE!!!!!!
joe is, among other things, stylus friendly. And better. Than everything else!

Posts: 475 | Thanked: 771 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
I didn't mean to turn this into an editor flamewar!

I will check out Joe (stylus friendly has me curious) but I usually use vi for small files on the tablet or quick programming on a Linux desktop.

I updated the first post to include a link to the source code (please let me know if you see any problems or potential memory leaks! I am always a little bit hazy on when GTK needs me to free something manually and when it does it itself)

The source is here:
http://andrew.olmsted.ca/maemo/statusbar-clock

I didn't mean to turn this into an editor flamewar!

I will check out Joe (stylus friendly has me curious) but I usually use vi for small files on the tablet or quick programming on a Linux desktop.
Edit .joerc and enable -mouse, makes stylus tap => position the cursor, and stylus drag => select block (in joe, not just xterm select).

Also, joe relies heavily on ^K (as a command prefix). With an N810, or a BT keyboard, you're fine, but on an N800 you need a solution for that. I defined an F2 key in the xterm toolbar. Then I changed .joerc so that all the ^K commands could also be used with .k2 (termcap for F2), allowing F2 X for save and exit, instead of ^K X.

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Michigan, USA
Another good idea. I didn't mean to take credit for the Advanced Backlight Applet, though. Someone else did the good work on that. I am still looking into how to best overload the plugin to provide more functionality for the sacrificed screen space.

Once I post the source somewhere it will probably be much easier for someone who has written a useful plugin to add clock functionality. It is extremely simple code.
fiferboy, For some reason I thought you'd done both applets... Ooops!

I'd still like to combine the clock with some other functionality if I were to give up so much valuable space... Possibly a Bluetooth switch.

Originally Posted by zeez View Post
One suggestion: it would be nice if clicking the icon (well either one in this case) would launch the clock.
I've got to strongly back this suggestion. Is it possible?

Like many people, I don't keep the clock applet on, and the worst part of that is that it makes setting an alarm a bit of a pain (set clock applet on, set alarm, set applet off).

Originally Posted by bexley View Post
I've got to strongly back this suggestion. Is it possible?

Like many people, I don't keep the clock applet on, and the worst part of that is that it makes setting an alarm a bit of a pain (set clock applet on, set alarm, set applet off).
I'm working on this one. It will definitely be in the next update, then I will look at overloading the plugin to display some more useful information.

If anyone knows the command to launch the clock, it would save me some digging.