Active Topics

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
Advice - try avoid reboots, use OFF-ON instead.
See bug 7017 for details.
Also, please report if it helps.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
I don't see any decrease in battery life. I have the impression that it lasts slightly longer now.

Alarm buttons dialog(snooze, stop) are blue themed (digital nature 1?) eventhough I'm using orange theme (dig. nat. 2?). Haven't tried rebooting yet.

edit: disregard this post, reboot is the way to go.

Last edited by sami00sami; 2010-01-13 at 20:48. Reason: correcting

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Erlangen
1. theme mixup.
I can confirm that after the update I had the blue default theme icons mixed with the previously configured nature theme (the seconde theme that came preinstalled). Chossing the default theme and then the other one solved the problem.

2. increased cpu usage.
This problem also appared for me. I had the load applet installed which showed regular appearing full CPU usage. The whole interface got really slow while these phases.
This problem also was visible in the drasticly decreased battery life of 4h

3. touchscreen unresponsive.
That is the most annoying problem. Quite often it is not possible to start an application by touching it or even get to the overview of running apps. Touching the respective icons shows them getting activated but then the phone seems to get stuck. E.g. touching the back item in any running app turns the icon active (inverted blue in default theme) and then it stays that way and nothing happens. Using the screen lock switch on the side twice then finishes the action e,g.
Also this disables leaving a open dialog window by touching the blurry area.

I reflashed the phone with
RX-51_2009SE_1.2009.42-11_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin
which removed the problems again.

Now i just installed the update again and after that problem 1 and 2 seem not to reappear. However, problem 3 just happened again, but it seems not that often as after the first update. I'll use the phone now for a day to see how annoying it gets and then might go back to the original firmware to check that there it again works fine to rule out any hardware defect (to be honest i kind of suspect the display protection to maybe have some influence, but before i scratch it off again I'll wait for maybe some more feedback here)

The Following User Says Thank You to greygoo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Since updating firmware I have had two random issues so far. I was wondering if anyone could confirm before I put it on bugzilla

1) N900 was on charger, I powered off and it locked up. Had to pull battery to reset it. I need to test this once home

2) N900 can't activate phone component nor connect to TMobile after being put in offline mode and back into Normal. Worked fine the first time. when I got out of my 2nd class I couldn't get it to turn on and it eventually locked up requiring a battery pull
Scenario 1 happened to me before (but I have not yet updated the firmware). So I don't think it is related to the new firmware upgrade. I notice that if you are plugging (charging) the N900 and suddenly Switched Power off (while still being plugged/charge in) and you want to Switch the power button back on, it won't let you. Then you got to take the battery out. I learned that if you want to charge the phone while it is off, you should first unplug the charger first, then Switch power button off. Then plug it back in to charge. Once it hits green light, unplug the charger before you Switch the phone back on. If you do it that way, you don't have to pull the battery out.

After updating to PR1.1 I was excited to see that MFE is working. But there is a problem.
Email messages that are "Accept responses" to meeting invitation that you sent are received again and again. Each time your email is synchronised.

Plus there is no information in the "recipient"

As a result my most recent emails are always "Accept response" for meeting invitations.

Looks like MFE implementation was not fully tested......
Frustrating.

maemosub.

PR1.1 has introduced a battery drain bug (not wifi related):
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=40541

Unable to charge via USB clabe. This morning I was charging from same PC now unable too. Looks like phone will be dead by the time I get home

Last edited by SlackNet; 2010-01-14 at 21:02.

I am no longer able to stream divix or xvid videos from my dnla server that previously worked on the older firmware. The audio comes across, but the video looks like it is stuck on the first frame. Could this be a codec issue that can be easily fixed?

The Following User Says Thank You to airbillion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by SlackNet View Post
Unable to charge via USB clabe. This morning I was charging from same PC no unable too. Looks like phone will be dead by the time I get home
Have you any other devices on usb? Mine loads nicely.
Have you tried to reboot n900 and connect it then computer and not select any mode for it?

Tags
shitware