Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by wow23 View Post
it's will be intresting if someone can make compatiblity layer for meego, to start apps which will be written for firefox-os.
dreams..
Should be easy. Take any Gecko browser (akin to Fennec) and use it as XUL Runner (firefox-or-fennec-or-XUL-runner -no-remote -P default -chrome chrome-path-to-the-application).
List of all known active Mozilla-Based Applications
Best wishes.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Wikiwide, any working examples?

The Following User Says Thank You to PIDk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
Originally Posted by eminem View Post
http://youtu.be/jdxfstb2dq0
yo dawg so i heard you like n9 so we shoot a video with n9 about n9 so you can look on your n9 while you look on your n9.

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by PIDk View Post
Wikiwide, any working examples?
Give me an app for Firefox OS, and I will try to figure it out what is needed to run it with Firefox/Fennec/XUL-Runner outside Firefox OS. Right now, I don't even see any apps specifically for Firefox OS. I only see that it is possible to 'install' a web application on B2G platform.
Best wishes.
[EDIT]Firefox OS demo[/EDIT]

Last edited by Wikiwide; 2012-10-04 at 08:32.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
Right now, I don't even see any apps specifically for Firefox OS.
Same here.

The Following User Says Thank You to PIDk For This Useful Post:
Quick reply...
Apps on Firefox OS are web apps, which can be opened on any operating system as long as it has the latest Gecko browser. However, they don't work ideally yet, not even in the latest Nightly.
Browser cannot load a webpage because, theoretically, cross-origin framing can be malicious.
Error: Load denied by X-Frame-Options: http://www.google.com/m does not permit cross-origin framing.
Camera is black, and gives no errors.
Calculator works fine, even in a non-Gecko browser.
Now, how do I download and install apps on my 'Firefox OS' phone (or computer)?
For calculator, you download html, css and js. Here, your own offline HTML calculator.
The same for camera: html, css and js.
Oh, and camera interacts with gallery, you may wish to download its three files, too.
Oh, and don't forget several images - icons for camera buttons, for instance. And be careful with where you save them - these files use relative paths to connect to each other.
And, to be comfortable, you will need to make desktop icons to open these webpages, stored on your device, in your browser.
Quite easy. Quite simple. Quite different from debian - no package manager, for now.
Best wishes.
[EDIT]Source code of all the currently available (Mozilla-created) apps, including their manifests.[/EDIT]

Last edited by Wikiwide; 2012-10-04 at 10:08.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
One thing I haven't seen covered in this thread is how to boot to gecko on your n9...

You can do it the same as booting nitdroid...Read: https://github.com/romaxa/B2G/blob/master/README.n9

link to the b2g image

Still pretty laggy to use...

Tip: If you want to go back from an app hold your power button and choose to show cards (app drawer) or quit application...

Edit: If you follow the nitdroid instructions as in the link above what you need to do is as root on your n9:

Code:
tar zxvf /path/to/b2g_n9_droid_hal_fs.tar.gz -C /home/nitdroid/
Just install dual boot kernel and preinit then do the above...make sure you delete your nitdroid installation before doing the above...

Edit 2: Just installed one of the nightly versions on my SGS2 and it seems to have changed quite a bit (for better or worse )...However, its much much more laggy on my SGS2 compared to on my N9 most probably thanks to romaxa's optimization on the N9! Oh and the nightly version on the SGS2 doesn't have cut the rope Surprisingly an OS targeted on the low-end segment can't work anything close to well on a dual-core device
romaxa's build was 2 months ago and it seems to have gone backwards since then IMO from a no-frills but pretty OS to another me-too Android clone...

Edit 3: Seems I've missed out on the link to the b2g image

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-10-30 at 17:14.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
One thing I haven't seen covered in this thread is how to boot to gecko on your n9...

You can do it the same as booting nitdroid...Read: https://github.com/romaxa/B2G/blob/master/README.n9

link to the b2g image

Still pretty laggy to use...

Tip: If you want to go back from an app hold your power button and choose to show cards (app drawer) or quit application...

Edit: If you follow the nitdroid instructions as in the link above what you need to do is as root on your n9:

Code:
tar zxvf /path/to/b2g_n9_droid_hal_fs.tar.gz -C /home/nitdroid/
Just install dual boot kernel and preinit then do the above...make sure you delete your nitdroid installation before doing the above...

Edit 2: Just installed one of the nightly versions on my SGS2 and it seems to have changed quite a bit (for better or worse )...However, its much much more laggy on my SGS2 compared to on my N9 most probably thanks to romaxa's optimization on the N9! Oh and the nightly version on the SGS2 doesn't have cut the rope Surprisingly an OS targeted on the low-end segment can't work anything close to well on a dual-core device
romaxa's build was 2 months ago and it seems to have gone backwards since then IMO from a no-frills but pretty OS to another me-too Android clone...

Edit 3: Seems I've missed out on the link to the b2g image
Hi it's really awesome to see your howto!!
I have a N9 and I think the ability to boot up b2g is really awesome.
Is there any update or instruction written if I want to compile the latest b2g on my N9 since b2g is getting its 1.0 release?

Romaxa's github repo for n9 hasn't been updating since 6 month ago.
Still thanks for your instruction!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to extraymond For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
extraymond,

I don't think so as Romaxa had built it for the N9; you'll have to ask him if he has plans to upgrade it...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 45 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Poland
Who ask about firefox b2g install image ??
I found on China server
trust download
click link on right side 下载 (99.28MB) and download
http://pan.baidu.com/wap/link?uk=169...385706&third=0

Tags
firefox os, nokia n9