Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by ligidbords View Post
well its simple. just follow this steps!
1st - go to ur facebook account and activate the mobile account, then facebook will be sending u an @chat.facebook.com account. this is the account u will be using to log in chat from ur n900
2nd - go to jabber.org and register an account then link ur @chat.facebook.com account via jabber
3rd - go to ur n900 voip account then put ur @chat.facebook.com account in the jabber.
4th - congratulations u have facebook chat on ur n900

nid more help? email me ill chat help u frederick_lopez2000@ovi.com
how do I connect my facebook to jabber?

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Originally Posted by ligidbords View Post
well its simple. just follow this steps!
1st - go to ur facebook account and activate the mobile account, then facebook will be sending u an @chat.facebook.com account. this is the account u will be using to log in chat from ur n900
2nd - go to jabber.org and register an account then link ur @chat.facebook.com account via jabber
3rd - go to ur n900 voip account then put ur @chat.facebook.com account in the jabber.
4th - congratulations u have facebook chat on ur n900

nid more help? email me ill chat help u frederick_lopez2000@ovi.com
no need to do the jabber parts, facebook chat is built in to PR1.2

Originally Posted by stlpaul View Post
no need to do the jabber parts, facebook chat is built in to PR1.2
i know that but i was looking for a different way to chat with facebook!
the built one upload all my contacts and i have more then 4000 the one that was in the pr 1.1 for me it was better bc it was uploadong only those contacts online . .

what should i do?

is it possible to see contacts by group?

what if you cant activate a mobile account? saudi arabia isnt on the list. i preferred the method that i use my normal facebook username and password

I haven't added Facebook chat for that reason.. I don't want it to add every single one of my Facebook friends into my contacts..

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Banned | Posts: 388 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Mar 2010
Facebook chat is nicely integrated in the Conversations app. However Facebook doesn't allow sending offline messages which is bad. It would be nice that the Conv app hides offline Facebook users just like the case for the offline Skype contacts.

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Georgia
Originally Posted by gsever View Post
Facebook chat is nicely integrated in the Conversations app. However Facebook doesn't allow sending offline messages which is bad. It would be nice that the Conv app hides offline Facebook users just like the case for the offline Skype contacts.
I know this question might have been asked before...BUT...

I there a way to keep offline contacts on facebook off my N900??

Thanks.

You can switch the view to availability in contacts.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

After a while today i decided to add facebook chat through VOIP and IM Accounts Settings but i cant see Facebook icon in the list anymore. For now ive added it using old Jabber way.

My question is, is it just me or facebook chat integration was taken out with some update?

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
Still available on mine (PR1.3, no CSSU).

The Following User Says Thank You to casketizer For This Useful Post: