Active Topics

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Hurrian's "query" is very good way to check, if you may enjoy N900. I could propose another one, though:

Do you want to have full-fledged mobile computer (first) powered by GNU/Linux in your pocket, with phone functionality (second, always)?

N900 is exactly that - mobile computer, which all things related to it (enormous capabilities, but just like with any linux-powered computer, you must get your hand dirty, from time to time). This can't be said about N9, upcoming Ubuntu phone (probably), or any other device, except for very niche (and much more hardware-limited) openmoko's.

So the thing is, what you really want. If you want smartphone (so you can remain dumb ), you won't be satisfied. If you're, hoever - at least in part - geek, look no more.

/Estel
well that's the thing really... N900 has this unique freedom other phones cant provide...

btw, I also liked it cause of the large storage... It is true tho that you could put a 64gb card in it?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greedness For This Useful Post:
Posts: 8 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ Brasov, Romania
Hi,
I've just purchased mine a week ago for 100 EUROs and I'm thrilled about it

If you intend to write a lot from it, I suggest you to buy a foldable bluetooth keyboard it comes in very handy, it's full size when unfolded, and it's compatible with most of the actual phones either.
Geyes GK-308e

Good luck

Last edited by ChiefRA; 2013-02-27 at 13:32.

The Following User Says Thank You to ChiefRA For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
You won't regret go for it!

About pentesting, it's even capable of running aircrack-ng with injection, not to speak about other tools like ettercap, dsniff mdk3
Oh really?!? This must be the phone that dude from Watch Dogs is using... lol

The Following User Says Thank You to greedness For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Yes many of them are refurbished. Users have been complaining that the phones even had personal data from previous users. Some even had problems reflashing them. On the other hand I haven't seen complaints about a device bought from a fellow user in this forum.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
The major features:
-USB OTG(connect hds,mouses,modems,keyboards,prints)
-it can run debian,ubuntu,arch linux, mer,meego,nitdroid(gingerbread),windows 98
-high customizable if you know what youre doing
-hardware documented
-watch and download youtube videos
-tv output,gps,5mp with manual controls,raw format,led and autofocus,fm receiver and transmiter,audio stereo,qwerty,mobile modem,bluetooth tethering
everything in c++ and qt without loss too much performance in ram and cpu like android and its java virtual machine

but i dont understand whats the problem with the "new" n900 from ebay?(it has fragile hardware,its old and used)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Henrq For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Henrq View Post
The major features:
but i dont understand whats the problem with the "new" n900 from ebay?(it has fragile hardware,its old and used)
I've messaged some sellers on ebay, they said they're new and if ever I wasnt satisfied they would give me back my money + the shipping fee so I think its a win win for me... they do ship from china tho

The Following User Says Thank You to greedness For This Useful Post:
make yourself a dual battery and get an extended case. then overclock it running at 500mhz-1000mhz and it runs fine.

The Following User Says Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,134 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
make yourself a dual battery and get an extended case. then overclock it running at 500mhz-1000mhz and it runs fine.
Until it dies from being overclocked to death.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by greedness View Post
I've messaged some sellers on ebay, they said they're new and if ever I wasnt satisfied they would give me back my money + the shipping fee so I think its a win win for me... they do ship from china tho
I bought one of these from a seller in Hong Kong. Big mistake. When it got here, the shrink-wrapped packaging was clearly inauthentic, so I sent it back unopened and the seller assured me a refund would be forthcoming. That was a month ago, and still no refund.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZedThou For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
Until it dies from being overclocked to death.
what do you mean? The battery will dry up easily? Thats no promblem for me, batteries are cheap as f*ck so no problem on that... on the other hand, does overclocking make a difference performance wise?

Tags
nokia n900, worldinyourhand