Active Topics

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
I'd consider the option to buy from UK because AFAIK its cheapest in UK. You do need to pay for S&H, and the adapter won't work ofcourse, but those are cheap and common.

I think starting from 1 january 2010 Serbian citizens don't need visa anymore to enter EU.

Because you can claim warranty in EU, if it breaks after 1 year, you make a nice trip to the nearest Nokia Service Point from Beograd. It does not matter where as long as its in EU and has a Nokia Service Point. You can look up where these service points are, but I think its safe to assume they exist in capitals like Sofia, Bukarest, Budapest, Zagreb. Maybe also some smaller cities which are more near you, I don't know.

Or hmm, like you say, take the risk.

Uk is much better to buy the phone from, it would be a lot cheaper than from the USA, besides its much closer.

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Serbia, Belgrade
allnameswereout, i see that you're very well informed.
I can get if from USA for 395€, i think that's cheap enough. I'll take the risk because i have no other option at the moment.
No risk - no fun.

Maybe there's some special offer i'm not aware of, but the N UK online store sells for 500 pounds, which is about 800 dollars. Now that's some serious difference from the 600$ in US.
kopte3, i'm not sure how exactly you can get one for just 400$, but can your friend bring one more for me?
EDIT: sorry for being a *****, i should read more carefully. 400 euros is more apropiate

Last edited by MrGrim; 2009-10-31 at 18:19.

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Serbia, Belgrade
MrGrim, i said 395 as euros.

Posts: 219 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
with the nokia discount(which actually doesnt apply anymore right now) its 115 euro's more expensive in europe.

and you need to think about the plug that comes with it in the us. you will lose some money on getting a plug-changer or other adapter cable.

but anyhow.

i say think of the insurance. pay 5-8 euros a month so its insured against dropping or waterdamage and theft.

if the hardware fails, you report it stolen and you should get a new one. fixes your warranty problem.

(i didnt say this post, so no law suits please, im sleep-browsing)

I believe the EU standard for all electrical goods is 2 years, don't let your retailer tell you otherwise.

Mike C

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oviedo, Florida
First time poster, been lurking for a month or so.

Do any US purchasers have an opinion of the extended warranty (guaranty!) options? The Nokia standard warranty is one year, with an additional year available as an option - but only if purchased at the same time, at a total of ~$700. I see that Amazon offers a "Squaretrade" three-yr limited warranty which with N900 purchase totals ~$640.

1. Is an extended warranty a good idea for this handheld? (I normally don't bother with those.)

2. Does anyone have any experience with Squaretrade?

3. Oh, and is Amazon considered an "authorized reseller"? That might have manufacturer warranty implications as well.