Posts: 305 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ 'Nam
It would be great if nokia made and OEM larger battery the same size as the one that came with the phone. One can dream eh

Posts: 589 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ london
well they can and they should, but i doubt they will

The Following User Says Thank You to mysticrokks For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mysticrokks View Post
well they can and they should, but i doubt they will
Your right. Reason I bet because people will complain that the new bigger better battery should have came with the phone

yep what thay have done is used the same battery as used in the other nokia(forgot what it was called) to save some development costs..

the battery is not good enough for me and i carry 2 about, because i had a dodgy rebooting device and had to turn of the power off mode settings

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Montpellier, France
I'm not sure that it's possible for nokia to do that. I think they have contract with battery manufacturer(s), so their batteries are made with a unique type of cell, which can't handle more mAh in the same volume. I don't know if someone has a N900 battery to compare to a N97 battery for example, but I'm pretty sure that the 1500 mAh battery is 10% bigger than the 1320mAh battery of the N900.

Unless a change of technology or manufacturer, no way to see a BL5J-size-equivalent battery with more juice in it.

But it's hard to understand why in such a big device they haven't tried to put a 1500 or 1800mAh battery...

Last edited by ravioli156; 2010-01-03 at 18:33.

Well if nokia ever release an OEM car charger I will be fine. I will buy that and an extra wall charger and I will be set

*sidenote* they and I use the term loosely that the new firmware improved the battery life alot but only time will tell after we get the update and daily useage will tell

Last edited by Hotshot; 2010-01-03 at 18:24. Reason: Added more info

welll of course it could have been implemented but development costs were considered(it doesnt have to be direct costs), and they used all old battery to power this beast.

this phone was never gonna make bundles- its an almost prototype type phone- they are not gonna go miles over budget's just yet.

Has anyone contacted Mugen for the bigger batteries? I did but have not heard from then yet. they make 1700mah slim battery for N97.

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Montpellier, France
Originally Posted by somedude View Post
Has anyone contacted Mugen for the bigger batteries? I did but have not heard from then yet. they make 1700mah slim battery for N97.
no, they made a 1800mAh battery for N97

Are their batteries any good, how many cycles do they last for?

Tags
mugen, n900