Active Topics

Ah, yes, Abiword is a bit troublesome...

I will try, but I'm pretty sure megabyte is a much more skilled than I am with programming, so I doubt I'll be able to do anything he hasn't.

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Finland
1. MS Office (doc, ppt etc.) reader.

2. Better YouTube downloader/reader.

3. Better Mplayer GUI

4. Nokia Maps

Modest email client and probably webkit based browser are coming soon?

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by Aisu View Post
And Karel, those are huge... But, I'm thinking I could get Firefox over, and maybe muss with mplayer a bit, but it'll take a little time.
Okay, you get I was joking, right?

BTW, AFAICT Serge is trying his hardest to get my pet peeves integrated into mplayer already. No need to double that effort.

I had thought it was sarcasm, but I really want Firefox too, so, eh

And that's good to hear, Mplayer's source isn't looking too friendly right now...

What about Quake 1... such as sdl quake :
http://www.libsdl.org/projects/quake/

Sorry, the IT's can't do 3D...

You sure? Theres software rendering and also q2 has been ported to 800 (although sluggish).

Hm... well... I guess I'll have to look at that... odd...

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by Aisu View Post
I had thought it was sarcasm, but I really want Firefox too, so, eh
It's sarcasm towards Nokia, but mild-mannered humour towards you. Stuff like HWR, Firefox and mouse emulation should be provided by Nokia.

A real Newton Notes replacement would be nice though. MaemoPad+ tries, but lacks quite a lot of intuitiveness when put to extended use. OTOH, if you've never owned a Newton, I wouldn't even think about trying to write such a thing.

And that's good to hear, Mplayer's source isn't looking too friendly right now...
I find that the latest iteration runs quite smoothly, but I tend to keep bitrates down for smaller filesizes, so maybe that's just me. If it had a resume function and a way to easily select where to start or to jump to in a file, it would do pretty much anything I want from a videoplayer.

On a sidenote: Did anyone look into the portability of VLC Media Player? On my desktop it plays pretty much anything I can throw at it, but the interface needs serious work to adapt it to pen.

I've tried to compile VLC, but the sheer number of libraries it needs, as well as the space requirements (unless you are booting from card) are insane. So, I'll try, but I don't think it'll do to well...