Active Topics

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
what does he meant by that?
that eldar is a bigjoke

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Well to be fair, Nokia did say on Friday that Development on meego would continue as an "experimentation" platform "exploring disruptive technologies", and that a Meego device would be launched later in 2011.

And we know previously that the next device was supposed be a maemo/meego hybrid to have the harmattan UI layer (whatever that is/was) on top of meego. and hopefully that a community port to he N900 would be made, so I can't see how this is massive news.

What we need and probably won;t get until the launch is any details, and whether it can/will be backported to the N900.

If we get a new OS build and device, and the OS runs on the N900 well, and Nokia turn their Meego efforts towards experimental and innovative stuff similar to what Nokia Beta Labs has been doing (99.9% on symbian granted) then the future could be bright........

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

Originally Posted by mbo View Post
First meego device from nokia was considered as harmattan (maemo6), with meego api compatibility. Real meego core in following devices. It looks like, according to eldar, that there will be no further meego devices, so no real meego core device will happen from nokia.
You might be right, as first he said "Short live Maemo6 - again Bye bye MeeGo"

And then followed up with: "Yes, Elop screw Intel and said that Nokia arent going to produce MeeGo devices If Intel not going to pay for that Again Maemo6 in dev"

It seems on the irc the developers are still making progress on getting the meego/harmattan adapted for the N900 and that Meego 1.2 is still on track for April with the futures now "frozen".

We can only hope that we will see meego on the N900 soon but what the future then holds is anybody guess.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by droitwichgas View Post
It seems on the irc the developers are still making progress on getting the meego/harmattan adapted for the N900 and that Meego 1.2 is still on track for April with the futures now "frozen".

We can only hope that we will see meego on the N900 soon but what the future then holds is anybody guess.
lets bee realistic here... Meego 1.2 on N900 will never replace maemo.

but qt-compoents for meego can easily get backported to maemo5. but question now is who will dev apps for qt now? not even me that was possitive about Qt progress and compability for N900 can noe say anything positive about Nokia until Nokia gives us some plan what they will do with QT. This talk about support symbian/meego from Nokia is just full of garbage every bussiness analyse out there knows the last symbianphones with app supporrg will be the phones in the pipeline right now then its end. also in case of meego.

soo only thing nokia should do is to sell back qt to troltech or maybe Canonical is intrested.

Else Qt will for sure get killed if Microsoft has more intrests in Nokia. Bujssiness as usual.

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2011-02-13 at 15:16.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 129 | Thanked: 321 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland (Turku)
Originally Posted by glassflag View Post
You might be right, as first he said "Short live Maemo6 - again Bye bye MeeGo"

And then followed up with: "Yes, Elop screw Intel and said that Nokia arent going to produce MeeGo devices If Intel not going to pay for that Again Maemo6 in dev"
I think Eldar might have consumed a bottle (or two) of Smirnoff before tweeting this.

But kinda fun and if this is true, Nokia should really use new kind of marketing attitude. Maemo6 would be a real Living Dead of the world of operating systems, so they should hire George A. Romero to direct a short film (Maemo VI - The Return of the Living Dead) about a zombie OS, which just can't be killed. The Maemo army eats all the apples, and no androids can stop them.

Besides the zombies break all the Windows on their march to the North ELOP... darn, I meant POLE.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Stonik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
I think Nokia withdrew harmattan MeeGo as a maneuver in negotiation with Intel. Intel has no 'viable' chipset for pocketable form factor until at least another full year, right? (Current ones is only on par with ARM power consumption during idle).
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

I don't want Meego, I want Maemo 6. Meego seems way to much of a toy. I like project on putting the Maemo UI onto of Meego.

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
lets bee realistic here... Meego 1.2 on N900 will never replace maemo.

but qt-compoents for meego can easily get backported to maemo5. but question now is who will dev apps for qt now? not even me that was possitive about Qt progress and compability for N900 can noe say anything positive about Nokia until Nokia gives us some plan what they will do with QT. This talk about support symbian/meego from Nokia is just full of garbage every bussiness analyse out there knows the last symbianphones with app supporrg will be the phones in the pipeline right now then its end. also in case of meego.

soo only thing nokia should do is to sell back qt to troltech or maybe Canonical is intrested.

Else Qt will for sure get killed if Microsoft has more intrests in Nokia. Bujssiness as usual.
The fact I have read Nokia have only had 3 developers working on the UI doesn't sound too promising for meego!!

The Following User Says Thank You to droitwichgas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
I think Nokia withdrew harmattan MeeGo as a maneuver in negotiation with Intel. Intel has no 'viable' chipset for pocketable form factor until at least another full year, right? (Current ones is only on par with ARM power consumption during idle).
SOURCE please
(because I know you won't have one)

Tags
please merge