Active Topics

Notices

Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
any hard work will always be appreciated ,geeky N900 getting more hungry for sucha a nice player .go on

Originally Posted by xur17 View Post
Hmm... Interesting.

I think I am going to try to write a basic music player for this, and based on interest decide how much to improve it. I could probably make a amazon cloud player client pretty easily too once I have the basic program done.

Anyone good at making qml interfaces, and want to team up?
I have some experience making QML interfaces. It's fairly simple but I can't justify the cost of a subsonic license (broke student). You could probably learn basics/moderate usage in a day or two.

I actually began work on a Subsonic application a while ago. I'm quite familiar with the API (although, it is simple). I couldn't really progress without a license, though.

Would you plan on using QtMultimediaKit for the application?

Also, I wouldn't be able to get any serious work done on it for about two weeks due to pending coursework.

Couldn't find an Amazon Cloud Player API, by the way.

EDIT: Deadline next Monday for all of my work so around then, I guess.

Last edited by Reffyyyy; 2011-06-07 at 15:02.

My view on this.
Sounds like a good idea.
Don't think I'd be using the streaming feature though, sooooo I'd be interested if a stand-alone player could be created for the N900, for playing on-device audio video.

I know we've got other multimedia players: Enna, Mediabox, Canola and Instinctiv, but there's been no progress made on development on any of them.
And as for the registration/donation, I don't think this is solely for the use of the software after 30 days, they have to keep the servers running too.

Managed to access the API after many failed attempts (my fault). Can now display any data required using ListView. I believe that creating a full application for this won't be difficult but will be time consuming.

Ok, update here. I now have the UI functioning. I can browse through my artists, albums and songs. I can also open the selected music file.

Now, as amazing as this is, it doesn't actually work on my N900. I believe the issue is due to this error:

"QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a different thread."

W/Qt (14033): "(Parent is QNetworkConfigurationManagerPrivate(0x1f8d90), parent's thread is QThread(0x170d38), current thread is QThread(0x171580)"

I have absolutely no clue how to fix this so any help would be appreciated. Works on my laptop, but not my N900 (Latest CSSU)

I would also like somebody to test the application in order to ensure it's not my device. Any volunteers welcome. Having a range of testers (CSSU etc) would be great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgzq_IzQaF4

Video showing progress. Implementing the actual playing of the audio file is trivial so no need to worry about that.

EDIT: Problem solved.

Last edited by Reffyyyy; 2011-06-14 at 19:46.

Originally Posted by Reffyyyy View Post
Ok, update here. I now have the UI functioning. I can browse through my artists, albums and songs. I can also open the selected music file.

Now, as amazing as this is, it doesn't actually work on my N900. I believe the issue is due to this error:

"QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a different thread."

W/Qt (14033): "(Parent is QNetworkConfigurationManagerPrivate(0x1f8d90), parent's thread is QThread(0x170d38), current thread is QThread(0x171580)"

I have absolutely no clue how to fix this so any help would be appreciated. Works on my laptop, but not my N900 (Latest CSSU)

I would also like somebody to test the application in order to ensure it's not my device. Any volunteers welcome. Having a range of testers (CSSU etc) would be great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgzq_IzQaF4

Video showing progress. Implementing the actual playing of the audio file is trivial so no need to worry about that.

EDIT: Problem solved.
Hi guys,

willing to test here. I am also using latest CSSU, so I am not providing enough entropy but... at least it is something!

I have downloaded the application from the devel repo, but when I run it just get a blank screen... Any ideas? How can I help?

Cheers!

[UPDATE] I found my problem, but I am not sure on how to fix it. When I run Aerofy I get:

Code:
-bash-2.05b$ /opt/usr/bin/Aerofy 
file:///opt/usr/share/Aerofy/qml/Aerofy/main.qml:2:1: module "QtMultimediaKit" is not installed 
     import QtMultimediaKit 1.1
     ^ 
^C
I have tried both installing
Code:
libqtm-12-multimedia
(the one I had installed by default) and
Code:
libqtm-11-multimedia
but the program does not find them...

Any ideas?

Thanks

Last edited by otrocoke; 2011-06-20 at 17:08.

The Following User Says Thank You to otrocoke For This Useful Post:
@otrocoke

My device has an issue that only I seem to have. I'll have it fixed on the next release (probably later today). Thanks for your help!

@otrocoke

Can you test this command in Xterminal for me please?

export QT_PLUGIN_PATH=/opt/qtm11/plugins

and then test the application.

Thanks for your help. Think my phone is due for a reflash.

Btw, apt-get install libqtm-11 to download Qt Mobility 1.1.

Last edited by Reffyyyy; 2011-06-24 at 12:32.

Originally Posted by Reffyyyy View Post
@otrocoke

Can you test this command in Xterminal for me please?

export QT_PLUGIN_PATH=/opt/qtm11/plugins

and then test the application.

Thanks for your help. Think my phone is due for a reflash.

Btw, apt-get install libqtm-11 to download Qt Mobility 1.1.
Hi Reffyyyy,

with your latest modifications, now, I can get the program launching.

I get the following on the console:

Code:
-bash-2.05b$ /opt/Aerofy/bin/Aerofy 
file:///opt/Aerofy/qml/Aerofy/main.qml:460: TypeError: Result of expression 'playListView.model.get(playListView.currentIndex)' [undefined] is not an object.
file:///opt/Aerofy/qml/Aerofy/main.qml:403: TypeError: Result of expression 'playListView.model.get(playListView.currentIndex)' [undefined] is not an object.
Now, after configuring my server I don't see anything... Seems like it does not connect or gets stuck somewhere.

Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to otrocoke For This Useful Post:
You have to put http:// before the address, save, then restart the application.

Thanks!