Active Topics

Originally Posted by cddiede View Post
Download homescreen settings from the Nokia store. It includes rotation control, animated backgrounds and other fun settings.
um cant find this in the store?

found it sorry

n9 quicktweak!

need a Guest House for temporary stay at Malaysia?
PM me

is there an mod to create additional profiles like on old nokias?

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 198 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
is there an mod to create additional profiles like on old nokias?
Not excactly the same, but I think you should try profilematic, found in store too.

Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
not really found anything worth while when searching for TMO
Sorry for being unclear. TMO= talk.maemo.org

But other people have already given you some valuable links. The best tip I can give you is to READ INSTRUCTIONS for these tweaks carefully before installing. If you are not amused by re-flashing your phone I suggest you stick with the available options in Nokia Store.

There is one tweak that includes several tweaks in the same package http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ht=quick+tweak

Originally Posted by late88 View Post
Not excactly the same, but I think you should try profilematic, found in store too.
doesnt seem to do what i want sadly

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by cddiede View Post
You can't change the user agent string in the default browser. That's embedded in the closed binary and most who have tried to hex edit it have corrupted the browser.

A better option is to install Opera and/or Firefox. Both of which let you set the user agent string to a desktop browser. Not to mention both of these browsers let you view a web page full screen, while the default browser has no way to hide the address bar.

Better yet, Firefox for the N9 supports Adobe Flash which will be welcome if you're coming from an N900 and used to a better standard of browsing.

I can't comprehend how you can claim that most who have tried to change the UA string have ended up corrupting their browser...

For more info look into this thread: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=85098 and I'll be glad to answer your queries instead of seeing disinformation being spread

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Daily wallpaper is a cool app to

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
I can't comprehend how you can claim that most who have tried to change the UA string have ended up corrupting their browser...

For more info look into this thread: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=85098 and I'll be glad to answer your queries instead of seeing disinformation being spread
thanks looks a little complex for me at the moment

Tags
nokia n9, questions