Active Topics

I think the only test that is really needed for any forum is..

1) Can you locate the search

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
Aahaha good one. I thought this thread was about the email client
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

The Following User Says Thank You to mece For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Can we please boil and eat all those who don't pass the test?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeraldKo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by GeraldKo View Post
Can we please boil and eat all those who don't pass the test?
As long as they are adequately tarred and feathered first.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Posts: 610 | Thanked: 391 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ DC, USA
Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
Best quote, by GeneralAntilles: "We don't want 95% of users to report bugs. Most of them are woefully under-qualified to do so"
In other words, the only people who we want to report things they can't get to work are people who know how to work around things that don't work the intuitive way, and probably won't take the time to report the things for that reason?

Deuteronomy 13:6-10; 2 Kings 2:23-24; Judges 19:22-29

The Following User Says Thank You to mullf For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Nitchers View Post
Community??? my arse it is, if this is the pish that's being proposed.
If you think this is a serious propsal, I think you ought to read what I wrote again...

The Following User Says Thank You to krisse For This Useful Post:
There's a comedy skit in here somewhere. I mean, what if Satan decided he/she wanted to be a Maemo Greeter:

"I see from your idiotic question, and this being your first post that you must be running for F*cktard President. Welcome! And don't forget to visit our popular 'Buy and Sell' section. We only use the best in Nigerian escrow services. Finally, would you mind taking a quick survey? We're always trying to improve forum quality, but it just doesn't work without user feedback. We know surveys can sometimes be inconvenient with a busy schedule, so thank you very much for your time. Here we go: Since you are obviously too much of an a*shole to use search, please describe how you found us?"

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by mullf View Post
In other words, the only people who we want to report things they can't get to work are people who know how to work around things that don't work the intuitive way, and probably won't take the time to report the things for that reason?
Needless to say I don' personally agree with that quote...
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Originally Posted by daperl View Post
"I see from your idiotic question, and this being your first post that you must be running for F*cktard President. Welcome! And don't forget to visit our popular 'Buy and Sell' section. We only use the best in Nigerian escrow services. Finally, would you mind taking a quick survey? We're always trying to improve forum quality, but it just doesn't work without user feedback. We know surveys can sometimes be inconvenient with a busy schedule, so thank you very much for your time. Here we go: Since you are obviously too much of an a*shole to use search, please describe how you found us?"
I lol'd

Might I add to that questionnaire:
"If you find a bug, please follow the procedure below;

- Are you part of the 95% of the customers we don't want to hear from?
[ ] Yes
[ ] No

IF yes - then please leave and shut up.
If no - please proceed to bugzilla.

Do you understand how to enter a bug report?
[ ] Yes
[ ] No

IF yes - congratulations. We won't tell you when it will be resolved or if, but please keep buying products running on this OS - and continue to support our community. I'll mark some of your posts with "Thanks". Karma is serius bizns.
If no - please leave and shut up. Don't question it.

Last edited by silvermountain; 2009-11-22 at 21:56.

Okay, as some people obviously don't get that this is satire, here it is explicitly:

Obviously a test like this is ludicrous and self-destructive. No sane person could seriously propose a test like this.

The point I'm making is that anything which requires prior knowledge is effectively acting like a test. The obscurity and lack of user-friendliness in maemo.org and Bugzilla is acting like a test. The contempt for casual users by certain individuals on this forum is acting like a test.

The whole future of Maemo as a device platform depends on casual users buying Maemo devices. We need them, so we ought to be thinking a lot about their needs.

Last edited by krisse; 2009-11-22 at 21:55.

The Following User Says Thank You to krisse For This Useful Post:

Tags
f*cking snobs