Notices

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by mivoligo View Post
User manual says:
Bulb shooting is available when using the remote control shooting mode. The shutter remains open as long as the optional remote control's shutter release button is held down.
I've tried that but it doesn't work.
Ok, anyone can correct me, if I'm wrong, but if I understand correctly that manual text, the bulb mode is on as long as button is pressed in remote, so as long as camera receive the IR signal from remote, shutter is open and when it stop receiving signal, it will close the shutter. Now, the irsend program (which I use to send IR commands to camera) will only send one signal, per click (even the button is pressed longer). I think that this problem is pretty easy to solve, I just need to create own Pentax specified handler for irsend, whit use of send_start and send_stop options (I hope).

BTW, which side of camera the IR receiver is? This is important, because if it is only in front side (like in my camera), it can be problem (not for the program, but for you) to keep signal on between N900 and camera, without to be shown in photo (trust me, I know). Also can you handle the fact that the N900 has to be in same position (or at least so, that IR signal wont brake during the bulb time) from the beginning to the end of that time period you want to keep the shutter open? The button won't need to be pressed all that time, because if my solution will work, you just press it to start and stop. I just try to say that if you want to take photos longer than 1 minute, I would recommend that build some kind of holding device to keep phone in correct place (or then you had to be very patient to stand still and keep your N900 pointed in same spot as long as it is needed)

The Following User Says Thank You to Yabba For This Useful Post:
Posts: 40 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Sydney AU
Mate, really love the potential of this ap so thanks for doing the hard yards with it. I was wondering - would it be possible to get some functionality working for the Sony Alpha range? My A900 comes with a remote but I don't always carry it with me. Just curious...

The Following User Says Thank You to sparkle58 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 161 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Edinburgh
BTW, which side of camera the IR receiver is?
It's here:

I can reach it from the side, so I won't be on the picture

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Malaysia
This is wonderful work Yabba. I'm thinking of installing it today. But before that I would like to ask one question to the users of Canon 7D. When you put it on the movie mode, the shutter release takes a picture (wide screen picture). But if you put the remote in the 2 sec. timer mode and then press the shutter button, the remote activates the movie mode. This works perfectly on the Canon's own remote RC-1 that I have. Is that same functionality possible with this app? Yabba mentioned up there that there is a 2 sec. delay mode possible with only Canon cameras. So in theory this should work directly. But it all depends on the source of Yabba's IR commands for Canon. If they are based on the commands emitted by RC-1, this will work like a charm! Unless someone beats me to it, I will report back after I have installed it and tested with my 7D. This will be a wonderful video remote too!
Last: N900

Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
But it all depends on the source of Yabba's IR commands for Canon. If they are based on the commands emitted by RC-1, this will work like a charm! Unless someone beats me to it, I will report back after I have installed it and tested with my 7D. This will be a wonderful video remote too!
That should work, because the lirc config file used is based on RC-1 and it act like that remote, so it should work. I waiting the results of test

Originally Posted by sparkle58 View Post
Mate, really love the potential of this ap so thanks for doing the hard yards with it. I was wondering - would it be possible to get some functionality working for the Sony Alpha range? My A900 comes with a remote but I don't always carry it with me. Just curious...
If I can get the lirc config file for the remote, there is no reason why not So if you can do it by yourself, or find someone who can do it, it would be really great (I would start from here), or if you find it somewhere, that would work too. Maybe It is already somewhere in this list, but because I don't know the name and version of remote, I can't find it (I think you can find that info from the remote). If it is this RMT-DSLR1 it it might be possible that it is one of those RMT-XXX remotes, so easiest way is just test those remotes trough with QtIrreco and raport the result here.

mivoligo, ok, that is not the best place for the receiver, but not the worst neither (exactly the same spot as in Olympus), so I will try to patch the bulb problem and leave the technical solutions to take long shoots for you

Ok, I just uploaded new version of pyKake to the Extras-devel, the bulb mode problem with Pentax should be now solved, at least as far as I can test it by myself, so I waiting the comments. I also changed the bugtracker to this thread and did some magic with post remove script.

Edit1: OK, in version pyKake 0.5.0-7 was pretty nasty typo in post install script, so it didn't work. So do not try it. I'll try to fix it now, so be patient.
Edit 2: Now there is pyKake 0.5.0-8, it should work, but I'm not sure yet.
Edit 3: There is still something broken in post remove script in version 0.5.0-8 (I hope that is in it). So you can't remove application. Means, you had to re-flash the device to get rid of pykake. So if you don't want to do that, do not install this now. I will inform here, when it is secure to do so. (And after all, it is in Extras-devel, so do it in your own risk.)

Last edited by Yabba; 2010-05-22 at 02:51. Reason: Update and warning

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Yabba For This Useful Post:
Posts: 161 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Edinburgh
Yabba, many thanks! Bulb is working now with my Pentax.

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Sydney AU
If I can get the lirc config file for the remote, there is no reason why not

Cheers, will do. I'll have play around and get back to you.

u rock thanks for the app it work on my Olympus E410

Ok, all hazard problems should be history (so it should be removable again, without re-flash). Like you already know, Bulb mode in Pentax is working, I also changed the configure file for Canon cameras, so it might be better now (am I right?). I also need to know, is it still necessary to reboot the device before application works?

So, now, if there is no bigger problems or bugs on the way (except that possible restart problem), I will start to head towards the release of application, so I really hope that you still give me feedback about what is working and what is not.

Thank you