Active Topics

Originally Posted by rdholder View Post
IBut that could be a server side thing. My suspicion is that maybe because there is no phone number bound to this phone, that the app store isn't able to complete the download. But I'm off to look into adding this phone to our cel plan! Yeeha!

Thanks again for taking the time to help out pataphysician (and MFaroTusino also)!
I'm not sure on the OVI store, I use the same OVI account as my n900 which has a SIM, so I can't say for certain OVI doesn't need a SIM, it might very well. Have you Tried to make an OVI Store Account, you definitely need one to download.

The Following User Says Thank You to pataphysician For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pataphysician View Post
I'm not sure on the OVI store, I use the same OVI account as my n900 which has a SIM, so I can't say for certain OVI doesn't need a SIM, it might very well. Have you Tried to make an OVI Store Account, you definitely need one to download.
Yep, I created an ovi account and get in there fine on my pc. I also appear to login ok to ovi from the N9, it's just that the downloads don't complete. But that's ok, I'm just happy I got this networking issue resolved. :-D If having the year wrong caused the ovi store to refuse the N9 connection, I'm thinking that not having a phone number is probably the problem there. Once I get the phone on our cel plan, I'll be "in the system" and can submit support requests to the ovi store, so I'm not too worried about that problem.

Gotta move on to other tasks here, but thanks again for taking the time to help out, it really is appreciated. Have a great day pataphysician! :-D

LOL well I turned on developer mode and after it rebooted, despite saying "SIM card is not provisioned MM#2", it now downloads stuff from the ovi app store! :-D It responds to ssh although I have to figure out credentials, but no biggie. Check out top running on my phone!! LOL:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/101862...79739119/posts

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Philadelphia
I can not say I have experienced your Wifi security issues, I can say I have noticed my N9 can not see or connect to my router (Asus RT-N56U) if it is broadcasting on any channel higher than 11 on 2.4ghz. I have tried channels 12 + 13 to reduce interference (I live in a large apartment complex), my Apple TV and laptop will connect but my N9 will not

Tibere86, well you could turn your apartment into a big Tempest Room, but your friends might think you were odd for having aluminum foil all over your walls. :-)

Based on my experience described above, you might check your router and see if it is auto-selecting the encryption sheme, and if so, you might set it to WPA2-only. From my experience, I have the impression that the N9 may not happily be able to deal with the way these WAPs negotiate the encryption scheme, that is, in my case, the problem wasn't reception or signal strength (which was my first guess) but rather a communications protocol problem. Maybe your N9 is having the same problem.

It might not help you, but it's worth a little poking around and experimenting with. :-) Hope you get it worked out!