Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ bournemouth
Originally Posted by zwer View Post
Try adding port number after that, e.g. sftp://root@19.0.2.7:22
ok tried that - no cigar

http://wiki.maemo.org/General_precautions

and FYI - dont be a n00b and copy and paste commands into the Terminal with out knowing what it doe's and what you'll need to do to correct any problems.

Last edited by starman; 2010-02-26 at 20:14.

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 782 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
Are you sure that sshd is running on your device? Go to xterm and type:

Code:
ps | grep sshd
If you installed the OpenSSH Client, you can try to ssh the device from the device itself to check if ssh is working. To do that, type:

Code:
ssh root@localhost
If the last one works, you definitely have a network problem - either your network doesn't rely the connection to the N900, or you have a wrong IP.

The Following User Says Thank You to zwer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 124 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gaffney, South Carolina, USA
opne terminal
type; sudo gainroot
type; /etc/init.d/ssh start

there you go ssh running on the N900 [make user openssh client & server deb is installed from the repo's]. SSH has to be called directly through a full path, once started its fine.

Been ssh'ing from various platforms for a few weeks.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scottlfa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ bournemouth
Originally Posted by zwer View Post
Are you sure that sshd is running on your device? Go to xterm and type:

Code:
ps | grep sshd
If you installed the OpenSSH Client, you can try to ssh the device from the device itself to check if ssh is working. To do that, type:

Code:
ssh root@localhost
If the last one works, you definitely have a network problem - either your network doesn't rely the connection to the N900, or you have a wrong IP.
okie dokie, i tried your suggestion and when typing

ssh root@localhost

i get the following

ssh: connect to host localhost port 22: connection refused

http://wiki.maemo.org/General_precautions

and FYI - dont be a n00b and copy and paste commands into the Terminal with out knowing what it doe's and what you'll need to do to correct any problems.

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 782 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
Well, in that case you either don't have OpenSSH Server installed (install from here: http://maemo.org/downloads/product/M...penssh-server/ ), or you don't have it running. If it's not running you can start it from xterm with:

Code:
sudo gainroot
initctl start sshd

The Following User Says Thank You to zwer For This Useful Post:
I had the same issue and then found out the default password for openSSH is "rootme"

Cheers,
Manoj