Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Hi Efelon.

I do have the exactly same problem, 1und1 won't connect whatever I do, telling me something was wrong with authorization.
It did work on chinook however, and another SIP-account (sipgate.de) is working fine from diablo.
I have no idea how to fix this

greetings, itschy

Originally Posted by IcelandDreams View Post
I'm using the builtin SIP client with diablo. I might suggest a new flash without any comm apps added. Are you getting proper internet for everything else?
I already reflashed twice and tried. (see first post) Everything else internet related works as it should. (update app, browser, gizmo...)

@itschy
Good that there is someone with the same problem, but bad for us. I'm sorry to say but at the moment we're not closer to the solution than at the beginning.

Don't give up

Efelon, let me join the group: I'm also experiencing the same problem with diablo and an 1&1 sip account... and I do not have a solution yet, but will keep an eye on this thread.
A couple of questions for you, though:
When you say "I installed gizmo yesterday and it worked fine with my provider (1und1)" you mean, you actually entered you 49...@sip.1und1.de account in gizmo5 and were able to use gizmo5 as a sip client for the 1&1 account? I don't see a way to add such an account in gizmo (it keeps telling me that my user name should start with a-z).
Next question is: Did the 1&1 sip account under chinook work when you were NOT at home, i.e. at some public hotspot? I tried once and it didn't and read somewhere that the 1&1 "SIP-URI von aussen erreichbar: Nein" (SIP-URI externally reachable: No).
I don't see much of a point in getting 1&1 SIP to work if it only would work at home as I can use my phones there...

Thanks

Last edited by danher; 2008-07-12 at 20:14. Reason: typos

Posts: 228 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Ontario & Iceland
Originally Posted by danher View Post
I don't see much of a point in getting 1&1 SIP to work if it only would work at home as I can use my phones there...
Do you have a working account at home and trying to setup the same account on the N8? Would this be using the same authentication details? If so is that possible? Most SIP accounts require a unique ID for each registering device. The ATA at home is one device which is then analog to the whole house but the N8 would be another device. I have a number of devices but they each have their own extension and ID.

I doubt this is the case but thought I'd ask to be sure.

When you say "I installed gizmo yesterday and it worked fine with my provider (1und1)" you mean, you actually entered you 49...@sip.1und1.de account in gizmo5 and were able to use gizmo5 as a sip client for the 1&1 account? I don't see a way to add such an account in gizmo (it keeps telling me that my user name should start with a-z).
You need an gizmo account in order to use a second one with the software. In the login window of gizmo you can find a check box at the bottom to enable a second account. There you can enter all the information necessary. (Server: sip.1und1.de, Kontoname: 49VorwahlDurchwal and Password) With that information i can make and receive calls. Gizmo will prompt for which account to use and you're also able to configure gizmo to always use the second one.

Next question is: Did the 1&1 sip account under chinook work when you were NOT at home, i.e. at some public hotspot? I tried once and it didn't and read somewhere that the 1&1 "SIP-URI von aussen erreichbar: Nein" (SIP-URI externally reachable: No).
Yes it did work under chinook. I was even able to test it in US somewhere in South Carolina with the hotel wlan and my companys wlan. In both cases it was like plug and play. The only funny thing about was that incoming calls hung up after 36sec. Outgoing calls worked fine. Don't ask me about the exact configuration at that time. I'm pretty sure i provided the additonal authentication information and also the 1und1 STUN server.
In my opinion is the problem you described only related to some sort of DNS or firewall or port blocking issues with that particular wlan.

@IceLandDreams
I'm not sure as well if it is possible to have multiple devices with the same number. I have two numbers from my provider. One for the regular phone and one additional in this case only for the n810.

Efelon

Posts: 228 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Ontario & Iceland
Originally Posted by Efelon View Post
@IceLandDreams
I'm not sure as well if it is possible to have multiple devices with the same number. I have two numbers from my provider. One for the regular phone and one additional in this case only for the n810.

Efelon
You likely can't run multiple devices off the same account. The call wouldn't know which way to go. But if you have two distinct accounts then no problem. Something to try is to see if you can make the account work from a softphone on a pc. xlite or some other standards based SIP application (not gizmo, skype or other like that). If xlite works without issue then something is goofy with the diablo app but so far mine works the same as it did under chinook.

Same here with sip.gmx.net (also 1und1/schlund)

One difference in the configuration I noticed is that the following entry is missing in the diablo configuration files.

Code:
<entry name="normalized_name" mtime="1215880221" type="string">
          <stringvalue>sip:49xx12345678@sip.gmx.net</stringvalue>
</entry>
BTW, I started with diablo from scratch, so it's very unlikely that some previous configuration messed things up.

Is there any logfile which can be used to track down this bug?

i've got exactly the same problem with italian provider Eutelia, chinhook works fine, diablo fails to connect... in the next days i'll try to sniff the packets to see the difference between chinhook and diablo!

Good idea, actually there is a hidden function to trace the packets on my home router.

The authentication fails because of Error 403 "No RFC1918-IPs allowed".

seems that the internal ip-address is passed to 1und1/gmx.

Bye

edit:/ could it be that the stun was changed and is not working correctly in diablo?

Last edited by scg; 2008-07-31 at 17:30.

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ France
Originally Posted by SteelBlade View Post
i've got exactly the same problem with italian provider Eutelia, chinhook works fine, diablo fails to connect... in the next days i'll try to sniff the packets to see the difference between chinhook and diablo!
I also had this problem with eutelia and Diablo. After a good amount of struggling, I found out that disabling the "Discover public address" option things were working again. But I still have troubles with incoming calls... they get dropped after around 20 seconds of conversation

Last edited by lilith; 2008-08-07 at 16:18.