Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 131 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ USA
Originally Posted by pinnchus View Post
I dont know how to make a deb pkg and the forum not support ELF files so i uploaded the modified source code to be compiled here http://talk.maemo.org/attachment.php...1&d=1257303161
as x48-0.6.1-maemo.tar.gz
Okay, after some hacking around (and the files from the 0.4.3 floating around on these forums ), I've built a deb that works on my N800. Having a desktop file seems to make it create an entry in the taskbar too, so all is good.

I've attached a patch against pinnchus' tarball that adds the deb-making stuff. For some reason, I can't seem to duplicate the results of his configuration step -- every time I try, the output binary segfaults on my tablet. Sigh.

-jkq
Attached Files
File Type: deb x48_0.6.1_armel.deb (96.6 KB, 252 views)
File Type: gz makedeb.patch.gz (2.2 KB, 175 views)
Agro ... : [***-------] Relic(s) : N900

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jkq For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
jkq-

Just installed your deb over my old x48 install. Updated no problem. Significantly faster. Actually usable. Little to no lag using it.

Big thanks to pinnchus and you for updating this.

Amazing news!!! Thanks for doing this pinnchus (and jkq)! I too installed your deb over my original x48_0.4.3_armel.deb install and it worked great. There is no kermit port for maemo so I compiled x48_0.6.1 on a linux box ( ./configure --disable-shm was a must for me), used C-kermit to load up some libs into x48 then copied ~/.hp48 from the linux box to the tablet.

In case others want to know how to use kermit to do this:

# cd directory for HP stuff
# kermit
C-Kermit>set line /dev/pts/1 (look at x48 wire: (under LCD) it may be different on your box)
C-Kermit>set speed 9600
C-Kermit>set carrier off
C-Kermit>set parity none
C-Kermit>robust
C-Kermit>server

Transfer files from the HP as normal (Green Right shift, I/O, Transfer,enter file name you want to pull into x48 (case sensitive!), kget).

If there is any interest, I'll upload a ram file with some software pre-loaded for those who don't want to hassle with kermit. Initially I thought compiling kermit on maemo would be nice, but quickly realized the steps above will be much more painful on a NIT.

So far fcalc.lib seems to hang when it disables the LCD, but I need to do more testing. I'm really digging into the mental archives here and remember there was a technique where the Saturn could run ~11% faster if it didn't talk to the LCD driver during intense calculators.

How difficult would it be to get x48 running in portrait mode on the NIT like i48?

If that's too hard, what about having the keyboard on the left and display on the right in landscape mode?

Last edited by st5150; 2009-11-17 at 09:45.

The Following User Says Thank You to st5150 For This Useful Post:
Some tools to make transferring your programs to x48 easier:

http://www.guengel.ch/myapps/hptalx/download.shtml

How do I map /dev/pts/2 to /dev/ttyS0 which is what hptalx uses?

http://www.hpcalc.org/details.php?id=2305

How do I put kermit in remote host mode?

v0.6.1 is suppose to have copy/paste support. Anyone gotten this to work?

Last edited by st5150; 2009-11-18 at 10:04.

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Ooookay, a little bit Offtopic... but I would love a CASIO fx-991MS Emulator. Is it possible?

I only know of Texas Instruments and HP Calculator Emulators. Why? Copyright?

Wow thank you. It's wonderful to have an emulator of my treasured 48gx on my n810. I used my 48gx heavily for 8 years, even after having a 49g+/50g for a couple of years I have not managed to unlearn the 48gx keypad layout.

Helmuth, it's probably due to the casio's just not having a big following. Just take a look at the massive use contributed software database for the HP48 ( http://www.hpcalc.org ) to get an idea of what kind of following HP has.

ashes, did you get hptalx talking to x48 or some other Kermit front end GUI? It is tedious to transfer everything via ckermit alone.

What is the processor model used by this casio calculator? Do you have the firmware for it?
Regards,

Posts: 100 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Amazon-Belém
Originally Posted by st5150 View Post
Helmuth, it's probably due to the casio's just not having a big following. Just take a look at the massive use contributed software database for the HP48 ( http://www.hpcalc.org ) to get an idea of what kind of following HP has.

ashes, did you get hptalx talking to x48 or some other Kermit front end GUI? It is tedious to transfer everything via ckermit alone.
Try do the hard work on a PC, then copy .hp48 folder for you nit. home

I made patchs on same way to 0.6.3 version, and compiled works very very fast.

I used old patchs from pdaXrom x48, for font fixed issue:
http://www.oesf.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=17031

I used a little program to test speed:
Code:
<< TICKS 1 5000
     FOR n 1 1 + DROP
     NEXT TICKS SWAP - B->R 8192 /
>>
Results on a N810:
Code:
Real Hardware HP50G     21.3553 secs
x48  0.6.1                         34.9902 secs
x48  0.6.3                    14.7964 secs
Now is faster then a real HP50g!

I tested on plotting graphics, it has about 100% speed of a real HP48G, and 1/2 of a HP50G!

I added two Menu items, x48 for horizontal skin and x48 for vertical ... because 0.6.3 has +netbook option...
Attached Files
File Type: deb x48_0.6.3_armel.deb (111.4 KB, 291 views)
File Type: gz x48_0.6.3.tar.gz (352.4 KB, 228 views)

Last edited by Anunakin; 2010-02-24 at 20:35.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anunakin For This Useful Post:
I've managed to turn x48 on its side, though only without XShm, and not using all of the screen yet (see attached image).

I started on this a few days ago using x48-0.6.3 (independently of Anunakin) and merging in the emulate.c and GetEvent() code from the version of 0.6.1 posted earlier in this thread. I wrote a small Python script to rotate each of the bitmaps, including the nibble_maps used in lcd.c, and converted the text used on some of the buttons to rotated bitmaps. For the wire/IR status line I used xvertext 5.0. I also painstakingly went through and rotated all of the line draws, rectangles, etc. in x48_x11.c.

I'll post the code in a few days, once I've had the chance to clean up a few things. Right now none of the HP-48SX code is modified, and the two restrictions mentioned at the beginning of the post are there, but otherwise it appears to work.

Anunakin, did you make any other changes to 0.6.3? If so, I can merge them with these changes.
Attached Images