Originally Posted by shockr View Post
So I usually turn off developer-mode after I'm done debugging apps, but I left it turned on overnight. The Battery Usage gave me a notification this morning that battery drain has been detected, and idle usage jumped from 26mA to 90mA.

Can anyone else confirm that developer mode is indeed the culprit? Or could it be something else draining my battery?
Does any one have "restart me" app installed?

Originally Posted by Manatus View Post
Developer mode is not causing problems for me. Average idle use is 18 mA here. I don't have every mode enabled and debugging, tracing, test automation, logging, examples and ipv6 are off for me. Would't be surprised if logging, debugging or tracing could cause increased battery usage.
Rather unscientific, but I am noticing several apps using a tremendous amount of battery. I can feel it in the actual device itself, as it seems to heat up and spin (PR 1.1 firmware here).

- Sigma Player Free
- **Techlines
- AP news feed

Most of the time with the stock apps, I see what I expect draining the battery : system idle and cellfone standby (3g).

I'm wondering if this problem isn't just app-specific. I do have developer mode enabled, will turn it off for a while to see if app behavior improves.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
^ worthwhile trawling the bug-tracker to get an idea of what's lodged, & being discussed WRT battery drain/consumption.