I didn't actually find, fear_samuraitor from MR did.
I believe it's attached to one of the bug reports. Lots of N900 pics there attached to the bug reports, but never seen something like that.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
It's really easy to understand why have several speculation threads. Almost nothing happens...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
A rumoured gadget is rumoured to have been cancelled.

The end is nigh.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Nokia, please have some compassion for your fans.

It looks like a barren landscape here. Everywhere you look at, there's information-deprived fans lolling about. Information famine is in effect.

Every little nibblets are fought for and gobbled up by everyone, no matter what the source is. It's not surprising that some are poisoned by these misinformations...
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Whole N9/MeeGo landscape is so funny at the moment.
So little of info that there's indeed more rumors than ever that totally contradict each other and rumor for every other spec and whatnot.

If there's one awesome thing it's that unveiling of Nokia's MeeGo device has possibility to actually be unveiling. There's not too many flagships in Nokia's history that have managed to do that.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Even though folks love to hate Eldar, given the silence from Nokia and the rapid changes in hardware the last two quarters from other vendors... I'd have to say he's probably closer to the truth than we'd rather admit.

The fact that the last regime called the N8 their game changer, the N9 - if unveiled and marketed correctly - will have to be their game changer.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
stop making stuff up N8 as never been called a game changer, Nokia even dismiss that its the flagship when people talk like it is.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
so what are the flagship devices. Seems that the dont have them anynore.n97 last one ever...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
stop making stuff up N8 as never been called a game changer, Nokia even dismiss that its the flagship when people talk like it is.
Game changer != flagship. In fact, I never said that word.

That whole "fightback starts now" hinged on the soon-to-be-released Nokia N8 and the forthcoming (still not released) MeeGo product(s).

I (personally) wouldn't start a uphill battle with anything but a game changer. So far, the quality of the N8 has left a few people in the dark. The silence around MeeGo is deafening. So that's not exactly the fightback nor game changer quite yet.

And even though I cannot find it, can't remember which person said that the Nokia N8 is one of the most important releases for Nokia - my money is on Anssi, but it could have been Niklas Savander. Too many executives in and out of Nokia to rally behind who said what sometimes.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I'd have to say he's probably closer to the truth than we'd rather admit.
Than we'd rather admit?

Frankly I'm surprised it took this long for a rumor like that to trickle out. Between the major shift at Nokia (Elop becoming CEO, Ari bailing for HP) and the obvious jump coming this year in terms of high-end capabilities, it would have been foolish for Nokia to come out and say "our high end MeeGo phone is not actually MeeGo, nor is it actually using a high end CPU."

So the N9 with the OMAP and MeeGo/Harmattan dies. The new N9 will run whatever is in-line with the high end with an actual MeeGo compliant core. Maybe they can recycle the N9's old hardware for the Symbian series devices.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
The silence around MeeGo is deafening.
That's probably being enforced by Elop. They're buzzing like flies on the MeeGo mailing lists, but product-wise they're probably going to be dead silent until we're within spitting distance of an actual product launch.

Last edited by wmarone; 2011-01-23 at 20:23.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post:

Tags
cia debunked, its true, n9 is a myth, no kia, scifi, top secret