Point well made Joorin.

Although, you cannot fault some peoples mentality. Ever since I was eight years old using windows, if something was acting up I was told to restart the machine. Others may also have this Pavlovian behavoir.

I understand this machine does not use windows, but some people are only doing what they think is best at the moment the issue arises. Mind you I just avoided the custom kernel.

Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
How do you mean the USB is not supported anymore.?
- connecting it to the PC wont give me any acces to the device. (PC keeps chiming cus of a usb device conecting and disconnecting)
- yellow charging led isnt flashing anymore when using the charger, and it gives a usb-conecting-vibrate-signal every 10 secs.

So i have no idea if it's charging at all

Last edited by TylerD; 2010-05-18 at 15:50.

Posts: 726 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Sweden
Perhaps I'm just a little too baffled by how people react after removing some essential parts of their system, rebooting and acting all "No! What happened!? How could this happen?! Why me!?".

I respect curiosity and the will to experiment, that's what pushes technology forward, but if you ride your roller skates down the stairs without really knowing how and do it without a helmet on, acting all surprised if you hurt yourself is just ... weird.

The Following User Says Thank You to Joorin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 726 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
It isn't? Damn that explains a great deal. Guess I will stop shaking it violently now
SITS is ugly.

Originally Posted by AlMehdi View Post
Why are people so lazy? This info have been told numerous times... A simple search would give you the answer.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Reflashing
Thnx....I was already reading it way before you even posted this.
I was hoping to get another option besides having to reflash it.

Last edited by TylerD; 2010-05-18 at 15:43.

Originally Posted by Joorin View Post
Perhaps I'm just a little too baffled by how people react after removing some essential parts of their system, rebooting and acting all "No! What happened!? How could this happen?! Why me!?".

I respect curiosity and the will to experiment, that's what pushes technology forward, but if you ride your roller skates down the stairs without really knowing how and do it without a helmet on, acting all surprised if you hurt yourself is just ... weird.
Dear Joorin....no disrespect but maybe you should start your own OFF-TOPIC thread.

Well, back on topic.

What repos are you using? extras, extras-testing or extras-devel?

i know that kernel-power is in every level, so maybe we can get a warning if an unstable installer is at a stable repos

Originally Posted by slender View Post
Have you flashed your device with titans kernels? If so then Let me introduce you to the conductor of horrorshow Nightmare900....*tatatatatatatata*
YOU

If not then please take it to Nokia support because if usb isn't even recgonized when booting to flash mode then there is nothing what you can do.
LOL

Come on....you cant say that it isn't original :P

BTW: Let me introduce you to all conductors then: the other few thousand people who also bought this device who now are also new to the world of linux.
I will consider nokia support, but im reluctant to try to fix it my self.

Originally Posted by clasificado View Post
Well, back on topic.

What repos are you using? extras, extras-testing or extras-devel?

i know that kernel-power is in every level, so maybe we can get a warning if an unstable installer is at a stable repos

Im not sure which one it was exactly.

I installed wifi-hotsopt last week, and it seemd to need the power-users package, and had it automaticly installed.
There was an update for it a few days ago though.
I only installed it, but didnt use the features of it. I'm pretty sure i didnt mess with kernels.

Had no trouble with the wifi-hotspot app itself.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
LOL

Come on....you cant say that it isn't original :P

BTW: Let me introduce you to all conductors then: the other few thousand people who also bought this device who now are also new to the world of linux.
I will consider nokia support, but im reluctant to try to fix it my self.
So is it or is it not?

What new world of linux? I bet that there is huge amount of users who do not even know that talk.maemo.org exists or what the hell xterm is. Do you mean that because itīs flashable and quite open system you are free to fool around and then accuse Nokia for giving you the hammer and letting you brake things with it?

As i said if you are not able to boot up in flash mode then there is nothing what you can do. Take off battery, put it back and try to boot up in flash mode. If not possible then if i were you i would take it to Nokia support. That's it.