Notices

Oh, well the main site is a Community Server (Discussion Board) so maybe thats it. Either that or you work for an oil company

As alternate, try :
http://x10dispatcher.com/Downloads/e...bora-1.2.2.deb

I had issues yesterday with connectivity to parts of the host site, so maybe this is temporary problem with network itself.

Last edited by pipeline; 2007-12-30 at 17:10.

much much thanks!

it's not exactly konqueror,krusader, or total commander (it may even be better than those if set up well. . .i don't know ), but you really made things easier for me right at this moment when i need an easy to install functional file manager so i don't have to hack at the screen in a terminal window.

As thanks i will d/l the i386 app and set up on a pc then try that in the tablet. Then i'll post the config. Plz give me a lot of time b/c it looks like lot of work! So many icons!

Wow that file list text was HUGE at first too!

Edit:
Ooooh! the editor works, too! . . . and it's hildonized!!

Very nice job, and double thanks!!

Last edited by gnexus; 2007-12-31 at 07:32.

Ahh glad your finding it useful.

Some changes i made locally (with intent to put in next installer) are to
- set font size to 14pt in panes and dialogs (viewer)
- panes 'select 1st item' in settings
- date format american? I guess this is better than current format and other locales can change.
- filetype tar.gz : list contents feature - get rid of | less to make functional

So, sure any help would be great- perhaps some features of busybox 1.10.0? -thanks

Last edited by pipeline; 2007-12-31 at 15:05.

I've done some more configuring and released a new 1.2.4 release in first post.

Changes :

- Date Format now includes year (it defaults to mm/dd/yy but you can change)
- Decreased font to 14pt in browser and increased font to 14pt in viewer
- Added owner column to file list panes
- panes select 1st item on entry into directory for quicker dpad navigation

Associations :
tar.gz : Fixed the 'list contents' context menu options
zip files : unzip and 'list contents' context options
rar : unrar and 'list contents' context options
tar : tar and 'list contents' supported
bz2, 7z : now use 7za for extract and list contents
Directory : Added browse with quiver to context option for dirs
pdf : evince and osso_pdfviewer*
deb : associated with sudo dpkg and hildon app manager*
mp3, wav : added maemo Media Player*
html, swf : added microb*

Archives will work with existing utilities built by others. If you need more archive utils for the associations above, see first post.

* Note Hildon associations are wrapper that only works on chinook and there is additional quirk that first load of application doesnt see associated file passed. Just minimize the app and launch association again. Although thats a pain for single file launches, its still useful for when your browsing/playing many similar file types like mp3s in media player and you can leave it loaded... subsequent launches work 1st time, everytime if target app stays loaded. (Thanks to kulves for this hildon chinook association wrapper)

Last edited by pipeline; 2008-01-06 at 01:12.

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Germany
pipeline,
great work. I will try the new version asap.
Did you ever try to start as root from xterm? It seems that changes quite a lot as the UI look changes! Quite strange to my mind.

Thanks, and yes i have that too since i frequently need to edit root files... i think its probably some gtk theming issue that nokia set up for user and not root. There are also issues with associations when running as root... something about dbus not being configured. But i usually just need to edit or view something when i'm root so its not a big issue.

I made an extra shortcut to launch in root mode since i do that so often. If anyone else wants to do the same i wrote up description of how i do this here :
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...5&postcount=23

Originally Posted by pipeline View Post
* Note Hildon associations are wrapper that only works on chinook and there is additional quirk that first load of application doesnt see associated file passed. Just minimize the app and launch association again. Although thats a pain for single file launches, its still useful for when your browsing/playing many similar file types like mp3s in media player and you can leave it loaded... subsequent launches work 1st time, everytime if target app stays loaded. (Thanks to kulves for this hildon chinook association wrapper)
I might be able to make a suggestion to fix this. can you point me at the relevant code?

Originally Posted by cripes View Post
I might be able to make a suggestion to fix this. can you point me at the relevant code?
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...14197&p=120607

His actual code is in the bugs.maemo.org bug report but i just took the build executable hildon_mime_summon2

I am in the process of repackaging a few installers so i've made a new build of emelfm2 with some minor enhancements i'd been meaning to add.

First post download of build 1.2.5 includes these adds :
- launching emelfm2 as root now now looks the same (theme) and associations work (when run as root).
- modified the context menu positioning a bit to better display on chinook (less scrolling or gaps at top)
- added associations for debs... if running as user you can 'list contents' and 'extract here' , if running as root you can also dpkg-install
- added comix association for cbr files

If anyone wants to pass along ideas for other extensions/associations ideas let me know.

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Germany - Munich
I would have a request:

Is it possible to have a version that does not put anything in /usr/local ? As per debian standard?

Or is there a specific reason?