why are you guys going on about windows 7? forget that crappy OS. you should really be flashing the N900 with OS400. rock solid.

i've flashed it only once on my n900 and it's been running well for the past 12 months

It was re-flashing (re-install) I was concerned about, not a straight update to the OS. I had no problem updating to 1.3 using Win Vista 64 Ultimate.
You may have meant "re-flash" but I want to be certain of that beforehand.
I just want to clarify..

David

Droll - We are discussing Windows 7 Pro 64-bit becasue it is the primary OS I am using. I've started another thread to try and decide which versions of the Linux distros to use for a multiboot system (I'll swap HD's when I need to move between Win 7 Pro 64 and the multi Linux). Feel free to bash Win 7 64-bit there.

Posts: 298 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Norway
I thought everyone were trolling by saying they had flashed Win7 to N900...
Oh well...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nokia 5700 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Nokia 5700 View Post
I thought everyone were trolling by saying they had flashed Win7 to N900...
Oh well...
We think alike.

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ philly
Originally Posted by ayazpak View Post
I flashed my N900 with Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate several times. No problem at all
man how in the world was u able to accomplish this? it never ever worked for me. probably because im using a hp computer

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ philly
Originally Posted by droll View Post
why are you guys going on about windows 7? forget that crappy OS. you should really be flashing the N900 with OS400. rock solid.

i've flashed it only once on my n900 and it's been running well for the past 12 months
ok sir what is a os400?

Posts: 1,196 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
I finally managed to have Windows X64 running as quick as XP light on the device but somehow My Virtualbox Linux machines run slower than before, damn Nokia for leaving us with 256MB RAM.

No problem with multiboot : maemo 5, nitdroid, suse linux and windows 7 32Bit.

the only problem with windows 7 is you can't use the FM transmitter
#joke off

try windows xp mode (its 32bit) - it worked for me

Originally Posted by anim1 View Post
man how in the world was u able to accomplish this? it never ever worked for me. probably because im using a hp computer
I can only hope the problem wasn't because it is an HP computer. My primary box is an HP HDX18t....

My question is moot as I've decided to buy a second HD and set it up for multiboot with a number of Linux distros. I'll re-flash using one of those (Ubuntu, Fedora or Debian) in 32-bit so long as there is a copy of the flashing software from Nokia for Linux distros (It would make sense as the N900 is a Linux distro).

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ International
@monkeyman and anim1

I have a dv7 Hp 64 with, then, a beta version of win 7 Pro. I flashed my N900 twice without any issues.

I don't think it is an HP issue.
My Favourite posts!
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=539
http://forums.precentral.net/2674180-post149.html
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=500
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=63720

The Following User Says Thank You to gryedouge For This Useful Post: