Notices

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Find what? There isn't anything like you want available for the N900 right now. There are proxy servers that you can subscribe to (ie pay money to use) - maybe try that if you're desperate.

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
Unforunately
Ummm... You sure? Its not blocked here in Sydney. Ask your ISP or the person who controls your net to unblock it (if you can). If its blocked, sometimes they forget to block the IP address of the site, so try one of these.

Why not just load Opera Mini on the N900? It works (or at least it used to) work quite well under OpenJDK and MicroEmulator.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to dannycamps For This Useful Post:
Install Opera Mobile, open the buttom menu and go to setting, then enable "Opera Turbo".

Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
Originally Posted by Blaizzen View Post
Probably the last resort type answer before making your own browser :P (if all else fails) but you can install Easy Debian and then set the proxy in ice weasel (rebranded firefox).

You can also use firefox mobile and then navigate to "about:config" which will bring the firefox settings, then manually enter the proxy details (should be network.proxy.http etc, maybe set it on a desktop and then copy the same changes over). Only issue is I don;t know how to turn on the proxy in firefox... just set it Maybe I missed it somewhere in the settings.

EDIT: its under Network.Proxy.Type set it to 1 to enable the proxy.

BTW I haven't actually tried all this (as i don't know a working proxy at the moment) but it should work if its all there like the desktop version.
This is not what he wants. The proxy settings are only for allowing internet access via local gateway(or can paid and anonymous proxy be used as proxy address?) which is actually a gateway to internet rather than some proxy site which unblocks sites.

Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
Originally Posted by dannycamps View Post
Why not just load Opera Mini on the N900? It works (or at least it used to) work quite well under OpenJDK and MicroEmulator.
I tried to load pretty basic, simple application in microemulator and it didn't load that app fully, just a blue background and leftsoftkey and right softkey. Does it really loads opera mini? How much time does it takes to do that?

Posts: 265 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Sydney, Australia
facebook isnt blocked in australia... i live in sydney and everything is fine for it over here, and i use opera mobile by the way

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by Joseph9560 View Post
This is not what he wants. The proxy settings are only for allowing internet access via local gateway(or can paid and anonymous proxy be used as proxy address?) which is actually a gateway to internet rather than some proxy site which unblocks sites.
It can be used for paid/anonymous proxies as well. I've used them on download sites to download multiple files and bypass the time limit. (I used to set the proxy in each browser differently to download many parts at once ie firefox, opera, IE etc)

I acknowledge that setting Opera's turbo function is alot easier, but this is just a longer, more difficult, less practical method

Originally Posted by Joseph9560 View Post
I tried to load pretty basic, simple application in microemulator and it didn't load that app fully, just a blue background and leftsoftkey and right softkey. Does it really loads opera mini? How much time does it takes to do that?
Using mmjre (the Sun Java runtime) as well as Microemulator 3.0 snapshot, Opera Mini loads and runs perfectly fine. Speed is on par with Nokia S60 phones (i.e. E90 / N95) so pretty good.

Unfortunately the current version of icedtea (OpenJDK) in the repos 1.8 breaks Opera Mini so you need to stick with Sun JRE.

-DJ
Attached Images

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
I tried microemulator but opera mini over ther fails to connect via wifi...
any comments?