Posts: 323 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Southern Oregon Coast
yep...igo stowaway here as well...

while I am here, anybody got their igo to work with an android phone? i have a Samsung Moment and cannot get it to connect.

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
I'm afraid that BT Keyboards are not currently / officially supported with the N900. I know what you are going to say, 'why not'?

Well it hasn't been deemed essential by Nokia as yet but some guys have managed to get some success although not always 100% of the time.

We are trying to do something about it by registering our support for what we see as a bug. You can read more about it here:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=bluetooth

Please register and vote with the instructions that Oli has provided as well. The more people request this then the more chance that something will be done about it.
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

The Apple wireless keyboard works well for me and I use it on Windows. I haven't tried it on the N900 and only paired it with the PS3 once IIRC.

I'm interested in hearing about a nice foldable Bluetooth keyboard working with the N900 too, seemed like the Stowaways are all out of production and can go for a fair bit on eBay?

Took this picture a few days after getting the N900. They were long and excruciating, lots of hair pulling trying, and then...

Took this picture today. I sold the E90 because it made little to no economic sense to keep it. While sitting at my desk and checking this community for the latest news on getting the BT keyboard to work with the N900, an old friend's faint voice (UK accent) greeted me from one of the drawers. Quickly I took the batteries out of a flashlight and...

Well I'm definitely voting for the bugfix

-to save Besides from more frustration if nothing else!

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
Excellent Billy! The guys on the other thread are actually trying to figure out a solution in the meantime so subscribe to that thread as well if you want to keep up to date.
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Mableton, GA USA
I still like my little Irxon minikeyboard ... it works with my pair of 770 tablets just beautifully.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.16685
Attached Images

Originally Posted by Lord Raiden View Post
http://www.amazon.com/Palm-3245WW-Wi...6557497&sr=8-1

I use this one and it's been awesome.

Are you saying you have it successfully working with the N900?
I have had that keyboard for years with my ol' Treo 700p, and just picked up the N900 last week. I have been trying to get that keyboard to work with no luck. It pairs fine, but I don't seem to get any actual interaction. If you have it working, could you point how how you set it up?
Thanks!

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 498 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Poland
Does anyone have this keyboard by any chance? The description says it's SPP, but one of the comments describes it as a HID keyboard (and working fine with a SmartQ 7), so I'm wondering what it really supports.

I think (looks same) I have the same one bought from TigerDirect few months ago. After I type the pairing key on the keyboard, the phone indicates it has paired but nothing shows up when I type. Did you have to do anything special other than pair with n900?

Originally Posted by Lord Raiden View Post
http://www.amazon.com/Palm-3245WW-Wi...6557497&sr=8-1

I use this one and it's been awesome.