Notices

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Toronto, Ontario
Originally Posted by albright View Post
Is there a way to absolutely wipe out any old alarms? Thanks
I'd like to know this as well.

Before I installed the beta I uninstalled the old version but didn't disable the alarms. This caused the alarm to go off at two different times, although both still worked. Last night I uninstalled the beta, reinstalled the old version, disabled the alarms, uninstalled the old version and reinstalled the beta. I was hoping this would fix it, but this morning the alarm went off twice again.

Posts: 631 | Thanked: 837 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Milton, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by albright View Post
It appears that the new flipclock is somehow recognizing these alarms but is not behaving properly with them (once locking up the tablet, once just displaying the alarm screen but not playing any sound...).
Is there a way to absolutely wipe out any old alarms?
YES, this would definitely be a problem! The new flipclock uses the same DBus service/name class as the old one, so any alarms that were present in the AlarmD queue for the old App will trigger the new one; unfortunately the configuration of those alarms (sound file to use, etc) got toasted when you uninstalled the old version of Flip, so that's what's causing your problem!

I've left the "clear all alarms" backup option in the AlarmD process, so if you want to clean up all your alarms to try and fix things:
  1. Open the new version of flip and make sure all alarms are turned off
  2. open Xterm
  3. Type "flipclockSync clear clear clear"
  4. It should sequentially say "Cleared Flip Alarm" for however many alarms it found in the alarmD queue.
  5. Verify that all the alarms have been cleared by looking at the status bar on the tablet; the little alarm clock Icon should no longer be there.

You can then go into the new version of Flip, turn your alarms back on and you should be in the clear! Give it a shot and let me know if it's still an issue. I'll make sure I setup the new version so that part of the uninstall process is to do this forced alarm cleanup.

icebox - See my comments from my post at 1:13pm yesterday.

Thanks for the feedback guys, keep it coming!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jolouis For This Useful Post:
thanks for the alarm reset help - it seems to have worked ...

on the cosmetic side of things:

the dayname at the bottom left (alarm
window you might call it) seems to be slightly
cut off at the bottom - the alarm time region appears to be overwriting a bit of the dayname.

Also, the time left to next alarm - if there is more
than 100 hours the "1" in the time left does not fully display

maybe just needs some small font adjustment or something?

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Toronto, Ontario
Thanks for the code to clear my alarms. It was doing it on my tablet before the most recent update, which was getting kind of annoying. I guess I'll find out tomorrow morning if it works. However, the Alarm status icon cleared after typing in the xTerm command, so that's a pretty good indication that it worked.

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by jolouis View Post

The way app manager works is that it will NOT automatically pull dependencies from repositories unless the package you're installing is in Extras or Extras-devel. When I manage to get a package that willbuild with autobuilder and make it into extras, then the manual sdl_gfx stuff won't be needed as the dependencies will be pulled automatically; you guys are just all getting in for the "preview" ahead of time, so you have to do a bit more leg work as a result ;-)
How do I manually install the sdl_gfx stuff?

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Curaçao, Netherlands Antilles
Originally Posted by Den in USA View Post
How do I manually install the sdl_gfx stuff?
Den,
I believe that he following two steps will do the trick:

- install the game solarwolf.
This will install all but one of the sdl dependencies

- in Xterminal, type:
sudo gainroot apt-get install libsdl-gfx1.2-4

Now you should be able to install flipclock

The Following User Says Thank You to sampieter For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I've added this to my repository until it goes into Extras, so you can install it through the App Manager without worrying about the dependencies (they'll get pulled in automatically).

Anyone who has installed Tear from my repo already knows the drill. Add my repository to your Application Manager. Find Flipclock in your list of applications, install it.

Go to my website for the repository details.

Looking forward to seeing this app in Extras!

Last edited by qole; 2009-10-15 at 23:53.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
I love using Flipclock. I was playing with some of the applets on my desktop on my N800, in particular the clocks.

I almost hate to mention it, but it struck me that it would be great to have a Flipclock applet for the desktop. No idea how hard that would be. It would make a particularly nice widget for the N900 as well. Just a thought.

I start Flicpclok at 11 PM at night and then after midnight I see that the clock still keeps reading 13:00 hrs 14:00 hrs etc.

So in the morning I get upo and see the time showing as 18:00 when it should be showing 6:00.

But once I close down Flipclock and start again the time then shows correctly as 6:00.

As a result my alarms are also not taking hold (set for 6 am).

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by sampieter View Post
Den,
I believe that he following two steps will do the trick:

- install the game solarwolf.
This will install all but one of the sdl dependencies

- in Xterminal, type:
sudo gainroot apt-get install libsdl-gfx1.2-4

Now you should be able to install flipclock
Thanks, works great!

Last edited by Den in USA; 2009-10-16 at 13:41.