Active Topics

Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
@AndyNokia232 do you have a link to the source somewhere?
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

The Following User Says Thank You to mece For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ the Netherlands
Frankly? I can't be bothered what Nokia does any more.

Why would I buy a (semi)Meego device while I know they will drop it like a dead dog (like they did with N900 (I know, slightly exaggerated)) within a few months?

Any nice Phone with Meego != Nokia will do when I need to replace my N900. Which I hope will not be for a few years.

Last edited by mivaho; 2011-05-06 at 08:31.

Originally Posted by mivaho View Post
Frankly? I can't be bothered what Nokia does any more.

Why would I buy a (semi)Meego device while I know they will drop it like a dead dog (like they did with N900 (I know, slightly exaggerated) within a few months?

Any nice Phone with Meego != Nokia will do when I need to replace my N900. Which I hope will not be for a few years.
well n900 did had a year of half baked updates.... n950 doubt will be that lucky

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by mece View Post
@AndyNokia232 do you have a link to the source somewhere?
It was in Helsingin Sanomat a couple of days ago. Elop did not have an interview but was answering questions on the Nokia shareholder meeting.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by xRobby View Post
Could you provide a link to the interview?
English version of the interview from Helsingin Sanomat - International Edition

EDIT: Link fixed to correct interview.
http://www.hs.fi/english/article/Nok.../1135265877053

Last edited by Rauha; 2011-05-06 at 09:46.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Originally Posted by xRobby View Post
Could you provide a link to the interview?

+ There's no guarentee it will be called the N950. If you watch the presentation, you can tell that Rich Green was not being dead serious by calling it the 'N950', he was joking around
Thanks goes to GRR on my N900

http://www.electronista.com/articles...ht.at.meeting/

I read somewhere else that Elop talked about a Nokia tablet in development that wouldn't be the "201st tablet" on the market, because everyone and their wives are making them now, some of them not all that great. The New York Times' review of RIM's 'Playbook' was pretty scathing, so I'm hoping Nokia make one that is super top quality.

But at the same time, I'm relieved that whatever they cook up for the tablet-sphere, it won't be the Meego device, because I, like most folk here, am hoping the N950 (or whatever is ends up being called!) is the successor (as Rich Green said) to the N900.

A slimmer N900 but with all the whistles and bells of Maemo5, plus HDMI and possibly even NFC, would basically fulfill my mobile dreams, and I would most likely wet my pants. In public.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AndyNokia232 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by AndyNokia232 View Post
I, like most folk here, am hoping the N950 (or whatever is ends up being called!) is the successor (as Rich Green said) to the N900.
Or, as Rich Green didn't say. Please read comments above.

Originally Posted by mivaho View Post
Why would I buy a (semi)Meego device while I know they will drop it like a dead dog (like they did with N900 (I know, slightly exaggerated)) within a few months?
They may drop it, but the community may pick it up. Remember that one of the goals of MeeGo is to be more open to avoid what I have dubbed the Rapid Obsolescence Syndrome.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to buurmas For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by buurmas View Post
Or, as Rich Green didn't say. Please read comments above.
I know Rich Green mentioned "the successor to the N900 [quick, Rich, think of a number...] the N950" in a very throwaway fashion at that conference. But maybe not, maybe he was annoyed at himself for actually giving away the actual name of the device, when he really didn't want to. Breaking all the Nokia rules of secrecy!

Frankly I don't care whether it's called the N950 or the N9, or the N1000. I just am happy that something should be coming before New Year's Eve, and I'll be even happier if it's like my trusty N900 but after a 6 month course of Weight Watchers.

Tags
imaginarium, imagination, meego orphans, nokia blows, trust nokia?omg