Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Guatemala
You're right, its better than previous versions, but it's not MicroB, however we have another not-that-bad alternative now.

I have had MicroB choke on some web sites. For example, it doesn't like Verizon's new web mail. (Well, nothing really does)

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Blah. I've had it with Mozilla and Firefox in general. The latest stable one, that they provided to us, was pos. Laggy, unresponsive, resource-hogging pos, if we're specific. If I recall right it didn't even have portrait-mode (though that might've been fixed later on) and no keyboard.

And yes, I've tested this new one, it is like that as well.

Thankfully there's still Opera, which is ironically better in beta than what Fx is in stable.

Last edited by rantom; 2011-03-29 at 21:11. Reason: Ver 1, forgot the no rotation/keyboard.

Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
I've followed your link guys
and as said it's just a beta release for public. They didn't even change the name from fennec to firefox.
if you see "Fennec" you installed the wrong version.
The correct one is named Firefox 4.

The link at http://firefox.com/m attempts to install Firefox 1.1. What's up with that?

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Originally Posted by Parb View Post
The link at http://firefox.com/m attempts to install Firefox 1.1. What's up with that?
There was a problem where if you ever installed Firefox from Ovi, then you can only get the Ovi version from there onward. Maybe that's happened to you? You can perhaps try disabling the Ovi repository and uninstalled Fennec/Firefox first, to see if that makes a difference.

The Following User Says Thank You to stlpaul For This Useful Post:
Posts: 397 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
Originally Posted by stlpaul View Post
There was a problem where if you ever installed Firefox from Ovi, then you can only get the Ovi version from there onward. Maybe that's happened to you? You can perhaps try disabling the Ovi repository and uninstalled Fennec/Firefox first, to see if that makes a difference.
Yes, that is definitely what is happening, and I can confirm that disabling Ovi just throws an error that fennec can't be found. Best way is to follow the link below and save the deb to your device, and install (assuming you've already uninstalled any beta/RCs):

http://moff.mozilla.com/latest/maemo.../binary-armel/

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to travla For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by khuong View Post
nothing is comparable to microb browser, IMO. I tried all of them out there and just end up un-installing them, now i just stop trying..

MicroB browser is the best, it handles all websites you throw at it including Banking websites.
I agree. Mostly. MicroB does Everything better, except for the reflow of text. It's the only reason I ever use another browser.

Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Originally Posted by khuong View Post
nothing is comparable to microb browser, IMO. I tried all of them out there and just end up un-installing them, now i just stop trying..

MicroB browser is the best, it handles all websites you throw at it including Banking websites.
True that.

And whats that stupid zooming thing that happens with FF when you go to enter text in a box? I can't bear that, it normally takes about 2 seconds to zoom as well.

Firefox Sync was the only selling point for me. That was great....until it stopped working altogether.

Of course Maemo 4 compatibility is gone.
Boot from MMC
Gpodder Cache on MMC
MTube Cache on MMC
Mugen 1800mAh Battery
Addesso USB rollup keyboard
Solio Solar Charger
Holux GPSlim GPS

N810
community SSU
Turbo Diablo
8GB external
Boot from Internal SD
Still no GPS Fix.

N900
Stock
32GB
Many Solar Chargers (Saved bacon during Sandy!)
Inland ProHT BT keyboard
What's this? A GPS Fix? Wowwwwwww